displaying posts 2901 to 2925 of 3035

Pages (122): first .. 116 [117] 118 .. last

Author Subject: Day666 / 6 updates / 10% road 90% track
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 4,836

Status: Offline

Post #2901
Alexander.....Well done with he Airbox Thumbs up
Posted 9th Oct 2020 at 18:34
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 4,836

Status: Offline

Post #2902
Not been on here for a bit because of work and the car having some bits designed and fabricated ...so stayed away from the car until 3-4 weeks time when hopefully it should all be ready ...needed a bit of a break from the old girl LOL

1...new Carbon / Kevlar bump mould being made at mo ...(Fibreworx)

2...new re-designed rear air-box to bond onto recently bought complete Maxi Air-box rear and cut standard off = so the rear Air-box matches the inlet angle 100% and it comes out on-top the front bumper where I want it .

3...back of rear Air-box = alloy split in two /lap over -external billet support spacer that doubles up as a gap filler also Whistle

I need all this back to get everything positioned 100% in the correct place before I mess about with Radiator and making new loom etc etc
Posted 19th Oct 2020 at 22:08
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 4,836

Status: Offline

Post #2903
Posted 19th Oct 2020 at 18:55
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 4,836

Status: Offline

Post #2904
Posted 19th Oct 2020 at 18:56
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 4,836

Status: Offline

Post #2905
Got a final pic of my sprayed / modified and smoothed out bumper ready for making the mould before Being made of Carbon -Kevlar Thumbs up


Posted 20th Oct 2020 at 18:37
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 4,836

Status: Offline

Post #2906
Posted 20th Oct 2020 at 18:43
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Location: Reading/parts for sale

Registered: 21 Nov 2008

Posts: 4,242

Status: Offline

Post #2907
Day666 wrote:
Love osshh

________________________________________

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner
But now a Black caged rallye owner

Hunting for Go faster bits!


SEARCH

click here
Posted 23rd Oct 2020 at 10:15
Joep

Regular

Location: Urmond (The Netherlands)

Registered: 19 Sep 2013

Posts: 350

Status: Offline

Post #2908
With all these awesome custom updates I would be scared to send it around the track. You know your car well, so no risk there, but what if any other jealous BMW driver is way overconfident and kicks you off the track?

Or will you fabricate everything multiple times?

________________________________________

My car park:
'96 Sigma Blue XSi6
'98 Diablo Red GTi6
'99 Onyx Black S16

All RFS powered!

Plus various other Peugeots
Posted 23rd Oct 2020 at 10:30
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 4,836

Status: Offline

Post #2909
hovis16 wrote:
Day666 wrote:
Love osshh


Big Thank you Marcellus....I’m sure you can see loads of work went into the original 18kg monster m8 ...just glad to see the end in sight on this bumper.....

I see loads of goodies and updates coming along with yours Thumbs up
Posted 23rd Oct 2020 at 15:47
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 4,836

Status: Offline

Post #2910
Joep wrote:
With all these awesome custom updates I would be scared to send it around the track. You know your car well, so no risk there, but what if any other jealous BMW driver is way overconfident and kicks you off the track?

Or will you fabricate everything multiple times?


Hi Joep ....
Yes it can happen as you say Thumbs down
Many people with (all the gear and no idea) about ..

Apart from the front wings I modified a bit / the doors are replaceable but Carbon Kevlar super strong and the bumper is Carbon Kevlar also .... I’m having two made or maybe 3 now as Ross / Supercharger wants one possibly....

I never really worry about anything if I’m being totally honest ....when I’m driving it...I drive it hard without thought and just try and push myself and things like that can happen I guess and as you say NOT always your own fault ...it’s a very quick car and hopefully it will be much much quicker this time next year and so it should with all the bloody stupid money I’ve spent LOL
I just hope I end up enjoy driving it as much as I’ve enjoyed upgrading it ....

It’s never going to be a show car ...everything I’ve put on it is to make it handle and go quicker and stop quicker Whistle ...he says hopefully LOL

But because it’s a 20year plus old car and not many people down here see them it shocks loads of high power cars when your behind them in the mirror or even passing them and then they can try and do something silly as you say ....

YES they can do silly things because it’s a (306 piece of rubbish) to them and isn’t going to over take me attitude can come into play etc ....LOL

I see so many local 306 lads to me like Mike Bland and Lee Egan upset so many high powered expensive cars at Castle Combe our local track Thumbs up
Posted 23rd Oct 2020 at 19:07
Joep

Regular

Location: Urmond (The Netherlands)

Registered: 19 Sep 2013

Posts: 350

Status: Offline

Post #2911
Cool! Would love to see al the track cars on this forum in action one day!

________________________________________

My car park:
'96 Sigma Blue XSi6
'98 Diablo Red GTi6
'99 Onyx Black S16

All RFS powered!

Plus various other Peugeots
Posted 23rd Oct 2020 at 17:15
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 4,836

Status: Offline

Post #2912
Joep wrote:
Cool! Would love to see al the track cars on this forum in action one day!


I’ve spoken to Lee Jeffery and Ryan and a few others about a meet up one day Thumbs up
It may happen m8
Posted 23rd Oct 2020 at 19:05
jeffers Forum Owner

Location: Leeds

Registered: 14 Dec 2003

Posts: 3,682

Status: Offline

Post #2913
Day666 wrote:
Joep wrote:
Cool! Would love to see al the track cars on this forum in action one day!


I’ve spoken to Lee Jeffery and Ryan and a few others about a meet up one day Thumbs up
It may happen m8

Damien, stop changing what ur doing with ur car and actually make it driveable and we’ll try set it up!!

________________________________________

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 24th Oct 2020 at 07:18
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 4,836

Status: Offline

Post #2914
jeffers wrote:
Day666 wrote:
Joep wrote:
Cool! Would love to see al the track cars on this forum in action one day!


I’ve spoken to Lee Jeffery and Ryan and a few others about a meet up one day Thumbs up
It may happen m8

Damien, stop changing what ur doing with ur car and actually make it driveable and we’ll try set it up!!


It’s only been off the road since I last used it in January at Combe ....that’s less than yours was LOL
Razz
Posted 24th Oct 2020 at 12:05
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Location: Reading/parts for sale

Registered: 21 Nov 2008

Posts: 4,242

Status: Offline

Post #2915
Day666 wrote:
hovis16 wrote:
Day666 wrote:
Love osshh


Big Thank you Marcellus....I’m sure you can see loads of work went into the original 18kg monster m8 ...just glad to see the end in sight on this bumper.....

I see loads of goodies and updates coming along with yours Thumbs up


Yeah slow and steady hopefully get the bits welded and should have my rear windows next month Smile

________________________________________

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner
But now a Black caged rallye owner

Hunting for Go faster bits!


SEARCH

click here
Posted 24th Oct 2020 at 15:36
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 4,836

Status: Offline

Post #2916
hovis16 wrote:
Day666 wrote:
hovis16 wrote:
Day666 wrote:
Love osshh


Big Thank you Marcellus....I’m sure you can see loads of work went into the original 18kg monster m8 ...just glad to see the end in sight on this bumper.....

I see loads of goodies and updates coming along with yours Thumbs up


Yeah slow and steady hopefully get the bits welded and should have my rear windows next month Smile



Fantastic keep the updates coming Mucker Thumbs up
Posted 24th Oct 2020 at 15:51
jeffers Forum Owner

Location: Leeds

Registered: 14 Dec 2003

Posts: 3,682

Status: Offline

Post #2917
Day666 wrote:
jeffers wrote:
Day666 wrote:
Joep wrote:
Cool! Would love to see al the track cars on this forum in action one day!


I’ve spoken to Lee Jeffery and Ryan and a few others about a meet up one day Thumbs up
It may happen m8

Damien, stop changing what ur doing with ur car and actually make it driveable and we’ll try set it up!!


It’s only been off the road since I last used it in January at Combe ....that’s less than yours was LOL
Razz

I had spinal surgery though, think that’s a reasonable excuse! Thumbs up

________________________________________

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 25th Oct 2020 at 15:58
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 4,836

Status: Offline

Post #2918
jeffers wrote:
Day666 wrote:
jeffers wrote:
Day666 wrote:
Joep wrote:
Cool! Would love to see al the track cars on this forum in action one day!


I’ve spoken to Lee Jeffery and Ryan and a few others about a meet up one day Thumbs up
It may happen m8

Damien, stop changing what ur doing with ur car and actually make it driveable and we’ll try set it up!!


It’s only been off the road since I last used it in January at Combe ....that’s less than yours was LOL
Razz

I had spinal surgery though, think that’s a reasonable excuse! Thumbs up


Ive been locked up in a padded cell Whistle
Posted 27th Oct 2020 at 09:47
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 4,836

Status: Offline

Post #2919
Just got a pic from Alex at Fibreworx...
The mould for my front bumper is made Thumbs up

Posted 27th Oct 2020 at 09:49
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 4,836

Status: Offline

Post #2920
Small update ...Alex from Fibreworx sent me some pics tonight of the Mould being thickened up ...getting a little excited now ....sad I know ...but remember the modded design was mine and the original I made from a plus 50 Maxi fibreglass bumper Whistle



Posted 30th Oct 2020 at 18:31
jeffers Forum Owner

Location: Leeds

Registered: 14 Dec 2003

Posts: 3,682

Status: Offline

Post #2921
Day666 wrote:
Small update ...Alex from Fibreworx sent me some pics tonight of the Mould being thickened up ...getting a little excited now ....sad I know ...but remember the modded design was mine and the original I made from a plus 50 Maxi fibreglass bumper Whistle




Looking good mate, when’s it driveable? I’m keen to see this thing go, plus we can arrange a day for anyone track orientated to attend n we can make a bit of a club thing?

________________________________________

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 30th Oct 2020 at 23:33
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Location: Reading/parts for sale

Registered: 21 Nov 2008

Posts: 4,242

Status: Offline

Post #2922
jeffers wrote:
Day666 wrote:
Small update ...Alex from Fibreworx sent me some pics tonight of the Mould being thickened up ...getting a little excited now ....sad I know ...but remember the modded design was mine and the original I made from a plus 50 Maxi fibreglass bumper Whistle




Looking good mate, when’s it driveable? I’m keen to see this thing go, plus we can arrange a day for anyone track orientated to attend n we can make a bit of a club thing?


Great shout

________________________________________

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner
But now a Black caged rallye owner

Hunting for Go faster bits!


SEARCH

click here
Posted 31st Oct 2020 at 09:08
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 4,836

Status: Offline

Post #2923
jeffers wrote:
Day666 wrote:
Small update ...Alex from Fibreworx sent me some pics tonight of the Mould being thickened up ...getting a little excited now ....sad I know ...but remember the modded design was mine and the original I made from a plus 50 Maxi fibreglass bumper Whistle




Looking good mate, when’s it driveable? I’m keen to see this thing go, plus we can arrange a day for anyone track orientated to attend n we can make a bit of a club thing?


Defo great shout Thumbs up
Posted 1st Nov 2020 at 05:29
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 4,836

Status: Offline

Post #2924
Not very exciting to read or look....Whistle

10metres x 1200mm of Carbon/ Kevlar weave-twill cloth... ready to give to Alex at Fibreworx tomorrow...

Posted 3rd Nov 2020 at 17:35
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 4,836

Status: Offline

Post #2925
Ugly but progress ....new mould from my old bumper to be made out of Carbon /Kevlar twill ...

Posted 6th Nov 2020 at 14:29

Pages (122): first .. 116 [117] 118 .. last

All times are GMT. The time is now 21:45

The Peugeot GTi-6 & Rallye Owners Club Ltd - Registered in England & Wales - Reg No: 07410694 - ©2021 all rights reserved.

Please Note : The views and opinions found herein are those of individuals, and not of The Peugeot 306 GTi-6 & Rallye Owners Club Ltd or any individuals involved.
No responsibility is taken or assumed for any comments or statements made on, or in relation to, this website. Please see our updated privacy policy and legal information