displaying posts 2626 to 2650 of 3409

Pages (137): first .. 105 [106] 107 .. last

Author Subject: Day666 / 6 updates / 1% road 99% track/Race
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2626
(Daniel Clayton)of 106 -Honda Turbo engined car fame has kindly sold /made a few of us a DTA NT digital dash cowling which hes designed and 3d printed all in one day ...other makes and styles available direct from him ...
Don’t know him but great to deal with ..Thumbs up
Posted 1st Jun 2020 at 22:52
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2627
Posted 13th Jun 2020 at 17:28
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2628
Posted 2nd Jun 2020 at 08:34
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #2629
:Modified

Razz do it like that and we can all see the picture Big grin

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 2nd Jun 2020 at 08:33
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #2630
Looking good! Titanium bolts are nice but yes, way too expensive to buy enough to make a difference to weight!

Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 1
Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 2
Lap of the 'ring
Posted 2nd Jun 2020 at 19:58
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2631
gnrlee wrote:
:Modified

Razz do it like that and we can all see the picture Big grin

Thank you Thumbs up
Any chance doing the rest from page 88 ?Whistle
Posted 3rd Jun 2020 at 19:45
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2632
pete_rallye wrote:
Looking good! Titanium bolts are nice but yes, way too expensive to buy enough to make a difference to weight!

Thank you Thumbs up
Yes Pete agree m8
Hope your well ?
Posted 3rd Jun 2020 at 19:45
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2633
18 month old pic lots has changed Crazy

Posted 13th Jun 2020 at 17:26
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #2634
Today I have spent mostly reading this build thread from page one all the way through to the last page. If I had a hat I'd be taking it off to you Damian. Your work ethic is something to be admired and so is your dedication, and your depth of your wallet!But at the same time I think you're slightly bonkers, but in a good way!

I've not been on here in a while but felt inclined to say something about this build, it really is incredible.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and I look forward to seeing this complete maybe one day in the flesh at Coombe (i do like spectating there, but have never driven it)

My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?
Posted 4th Jun 2020 at 23:00
Joep

Regular

Post #2635
Hi Damien, how is your oil catch can fitted. I see both hoses from the camcover connected to the oil catch can, but I do not see a filter on the catch can...

My car park:
'96 Sigma Blue XSi6
'98 Diablo Red GTi6
'99 Onyx Black S16

All RFS powered!

Plus various other Peugeots
Posted 5th Jun 2020 at 06:27
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2636
SteviePut wrote:
Today I have spent mostly reading this build thread from page one all the way through to the last page. If I had a hat I'd be taking it off to you Damian. Your work ethic is something to be admired and so is your dedication, and your depth of your wallet!But at the same time I think you're slightly bonkers, but in a good way!

I've not been on here in a while but felt inclined to say something about this build, it really is incredible.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and I look forward to seeing this complete maybe one day in the flesh at Coombe (i do like spectating there, but have never driven it)

Hi Steven
Thank you m8 for your comments and I do appreciate them ...I looked up to so many peoples cars on here when I first came on 8/9 years ago and my obsessive personality just kept on and on LOL

The main reason for buying the £1500.00 car in the first place was a bitter expensive separation of my long term girlfriend which ended up with me buying her out of the house and with court costs and paying the full Mortgage on my own for 3/4 years cost me in the region of £140k sadly ....

The car without a doubt I believe keep me alive through all those dark days and after going to Castle Combe after many years away with my 1974 mini.... Combes only 6 miles up the road from me also ...I just wanted to go faster than much better cars and it just kept going and has sort of taken on a life of its own now ....

Also I want people to know I work (two jobs) to pay for everything and 6years ago had a couple of small but helpful PPI payouts that went straight into the car ....nowadays I sell stuff to pay for the bits I buy and don’t own any credit cards thank god ...
Believe it or not the new Mrs of 5years bought and paid for my Roll cage as a birthday present only because she had a little bit of extra cash after selling her house and buying into mine ...Thumbs up

Bonkers is a fantastic word and spot on ...hope you don’t mind me from now on describing myself as that rather than NOT THE FULL ticket Whistle

I see you started on here 2005 a very Long long time ago amazing and fantastic to see you back here in 2020 ...
When the cars hopefully finally finished this time next year if your at Combe and see me or can arrange between us to meet please come and have a passenger ride ...I love people to enjoy the car it’s no show queen but a full race car really totally OTT for trackdays but it’s so funny upsetting expensive cars up ...that’s worth all the expense alone ...

Thank you again Steven for your comments
Posted 5th Jun 2020 at 08:16
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2637
Joep wrote:
Hi Damien, how is your oil catch can fitted. I see both hoses from the camcover connected to the oil catch can, but I do not see a filter on the catch can...

Hi Joel
The catch can has x3 hoses going in and out .
You can see the two at the top easily in the picture but there also one twice the size hose at the bottom of the catch can that feeds the oil straight back into the engine just above the oil filter location as soon as any oil goes into the can it goes back into the engine as that bottom pipe you can’t see in the pic is right at the base of the oil catch tank Thumbs up

The only filter which is foam is under the orange lid ontop of the Oil catch Can and that lid screws up but the orange lid Pull up and lifts Up to allow air in and pressure out .

The Alloy catch can has a flat square plate welded on at the base and screws down

Hope that helps explain and I’ll get a few pics later for you Thumbs up
Posted 5th Jun 2020 at 08:01
Joep

Regular

Post #2638
Ah, I see. Thanks! Would such a setup work on a standard RFS as well?

My car park:
'96 Sigma Blue XSi6
'98 Diablo Red GTi6
'99 Onyx Black S16

All RFS powered!

Plus various other Peugeots
Posted 5th Jun 2020 at 08:52
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2639
pointless on a standard engine, no need for it!

Damien's engine is probably revving 1000 rpm further than a standard engine, probably peaks 1500 higher, so will splash the oil around a lot more.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 5th Jun 2020 at 09:47
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #2640
Day666 wrote:
SteviePut wrote:

Hi Steven
Thank you m8 for your comments and I do appreciate them ...I looked up to so many peoples cars on here when I first came on 8/9 years ago and my obsessive personality just kept on and on LOL

The main reason for buying the £1500.00 car in the first place was a bitter expensive separation of my long term girlfriend which ended up with me buying her out of the house and with court costs and paying the full Mortgage on my own for 3/4 years cost me in the region of £140k sadly ....

The car without a doubt I believe keep me alive through all those dark days and after going to Castle Combe after many years away with my 1974 mini.... Combes only 6 miles up the road from me also ...I just wanted to go faster than much better cars and it just kept going and has sort of taken on a life of its own now ....

I totally get your reasons for doing what you've done/are doing. A man needs something outside of work to keep his mind occupied, especially if going through what you have. God knows I've split with enough women over my lifetime and although there were never any courts involved with my splits I did buy a house with one of them. She turned out totally nuts and I had to get out the house. It was very stressful and did involve a couple of strongly worded letters from my solicitor to the ex's mother over the house (she had £10K in it) but no where near £140k stressful! I actually walked away with £13k. I could've got more but I was only expecting what was originally agreed (£7k) until she made a stupid "that's final" offer of £4k and told me to speak to her through a solicitor., so i did! LOL

Anyway I digress, keep up the great work mate. It's a really great build. Thumbs up

My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?
Posted 8th Jun 2020 at 21:45
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2641
SteviePut wrote:
Day666 wrote:
SteviePut wrote:

Hi Steven

I totally get your reasons for doing what you've done/are doing. A man needs something outside of work to keep his mind occupied, especially if going through what you have. God knows I've split with enough women over my lifetime and although there were never any courts involved with my splits I did buy a house with one of them. She turned out totally nuts and I had to get out the house. It was very stressful and did involve a couple of strongly worded letters from my solicitor to the ex's mother over the house (she had £10K in it) but no where near £140k stressful! I actually walked away with £13k. I could've got more but I was only expecting what was originally agreed (£7k) until she made a stupid "that's final" offer of £4k and told me to speak to her through a solicitor., so i did! LOL

Anyway I divulge, keep up the great work mate. It's a really great build. Thumbs up

Thank you Thumbs up
Posted 5th Jun 2020 at 11:38
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2642
welshpug! wrote:
pointless on a standard engine, no need for it!

Damien's engine is probably revving 1000 rpm further than a standard engine, probably peaks 1500 higher, so will splash the oil around a lot more.

As always ....Thank you Mei for your excellent knowledge....
Hope your well and has this crap Covid affected you badly or not m8 ?
Posted 5th Jun 2020 at 11:41
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2643
4mm prepeg Full Carbon Angle for the centre Console fixing your the floor

Posted 13th Jun 2020 at 17:24
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2644
Posted 13th Jun 2020 at 17:25
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2645
Well this is my (old) fibreglass Mk2 Maxi Air intake I couldn’t use and had to sell because my Satchel engine inlet manifold angle was wrong and my engine with that inlet was to high and the Mk2 Maxi Airbox ...

if you have read my last posts you will know I’ve dropped and re angled my engine so the Sequencial gear box output shafts are in a better favoured position so I don’t have to cut my Chassis legs at all and with doing this I can now use and buy a new Maxi Airbox Thumbs up

Posted 13th Jun 2020 at 17:26
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2646
Underside view of (old Fibreglass) Mk2 Maxi Airbox

Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2647
Well as I’ve said in the two previous posts several years ago I sold the Maxi Mk2 fibreglass Airbox because it wouldn’t fit ..

I recon it will so I’ve contacted Tony Palfrey of MaxiMotorsport/ Satchel fame and got him to order me a Carbon/Kevlar Mk2 Maxi Airbox which they will make specially for him and I’ll make it fit even if it ends up me modifying the bonnet and getting a specially made Radiator ...

the 205 one is sadly no good to me and I want the Expansion tank built in also Thumbs up
So hopefully 8-12 weeks time I’ll but starting yet another interesting Mod LOL
Posted 5th Jun 2020 at 18:57
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2648
not bad here Damien, coming to the end of another 3 week furlough period, managed to get a few rides out on the road bike, winds have been a bit savage here though.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 6th Jun 2020 at 11:08
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2649
welshpug! wrote:
not bad here Damien, coming to the end of another 3 week furlough period, managed to get a few rides out on the road bike, winds have been a bit savage here though.

Fantastic Mei Thumbs up

Also a big Thank You David Warren / General Lee for going through 14 pages of all my recents picture posts and changing links and editing the code to view them direct

Clapping xxxxx
Posted 6th Jun 2020 at 17:28
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2650
Next job may be the install of power steering and support frame off the cage Thumbs up

Pages (137): first .. 105 [106] 107 .. last