displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: ABS problem solved
alcon

Senior User

Post #1
I'd just like to point out the importance of reading any relevant FAQ before tackling an issue on your car.

I've had my ABS light coming on in my 6 for ages now and despite passing last year's MoT with it (??!), it always niggled me that it must be on for a reason ie. a fault in the system somewhere. I read so many other posts on here from folks with the same problem but no one seemed to ever follow the faq.

So today, armed with my trusty multimeter, I set about testing each sensor as described in the FAQ. After about 5 mins I sourced the problem to the front passengers side and luckily I had a spare so was able to swap it out. Put it all back together and guess what....no ABS warning light any more!!

Moral of my story, read the faq's that others have taken the time to write, and most of the time it'll solve your problems.

1999 GTi-6 (china blue)
1999 Rallye (black)
Posted 9th Jan 2016 at 20:04
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
alcon wrote:
I'd just like to point out the importance of reading any relevant FAQ before tackling an issue on your car.

I've had my ABS light coming on in my 6 for ages now and despite passing last year's MoT with it (??!), it always niggled me that it must be on for a reason ie. a fault in the system somewhere. I read so many other posts on here from folks with the same problem but no one seemed to ever follow the faq.

So today, armed with my trusty multimeter, I set about testing each sensor as described in the FAQ. After about 5 mins I sourced the problem to the front passengers side and luckily I had a spare so was able to swap it out. Put it all back together and guess what....no ABS warning light any more!!

Moral of my story, read the faq's that others have taken the time to write, and most of the time it'll solve your problems.
Thumbs up

See the sheer power and might of the lesser known burrowing owl.

Posted 9th Jan 2016 at 21:11
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #3
I'm glad that there are people who have been using them - after all, the purpose of them being there is to help others.

We have a great catalogue of FAQs, which is a credit to the community that we have had here over the years. Thumbs up

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 14th Jan 2016 at 00:11
Kenan

Regular

Post #4
I'v used them to solve issues with mine, which if even I can do shows how good they are.
Posted 14th Jan 2016 at 05:52
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Have used them many many times saved me a fortune and made owning one possible for myself now picked up my second 306 FAQ awsomeness Smile
Much thanks to the many

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
Posted 14th Jan 2016 at 13:01
Cherry Buell

Post #6
Same for me, have learned a lot on here, nice one lads
Posted 14th Jan 2016 at 21:03