displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: China Blue 2.0 HDI 3 door.
Nose

Senior User

Post #1
Hi guys, just got back from Hereford after picking up the above. Been looking out for one for a while now after a friend acquired one recently. My mate drove it back and said it drives very well. Very responsive engine, brakes, steering, suspension all good, body work very very straight and paint work in excellent condition. Interior in excellent order also, just needs a good wet vac really. Was on ebay if anyone saw it, has even come with a 'private plate' D___ BMX. THE problem with it is the gearbox - it's noisey on start up when ticking over until you dip the clutch then the noise goes, strangely though after driving a few miles down the road, we stopped to put fuel in and it sat there on tick over with no noise at all?? Any how, i'll chuck a couple of pics up when i get chance.

cheers thumbsup

Bianca 306 Rallye.
Mondeo Titanium X.
Posted 24th Nov 2015 at 22:58
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Sounds like the clutch release bearing is buggered?
Posted 24th Nov 2015 at 23:15
Nose

Senior User

Post #3
Chr1sch wrote:
Sounds like the clutch release bearing is buggered?

Hi Chris, yeah, i think it's more clutch than gearbox, see my thread in 'transmission' for a better report.Thumbs up

Bianca 306 Rallye.
Mondeo Titanium X.
Posted 24th Nov 2015 at 23:25
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Get a clutch and then get a stage 1 remap. Makes a lot of difference without any compromise. The wife's hdi has it and on a long run with no traffic I got 68mpg from it. On average it manages 55mpg and goes a lot better too.

See the sheer power and might of the lesser known burrowing owl.

Posted 25th Nov 2015 at 07:14
Nose

Senior User

Post #5
aaron6 wrote:
Get a clutch and then get a stage 1 remap. Makes a lot of difference without any compromise. The wife's hdi has it and on a long run with no traffic I got 68mpg from it. On average it manages 55mpg and goes a lot better too.

Yeah have read about this, is it Piggy on the 306oc? anyway he said the same, can get it done for £50 he reckons ? Dunno

cheers

Bianca 306 Rallye.
Mondeo Titanium X.
Posted 26th Nov 2015 at 16:36