displaying posts 1 to 17 of 17

Author Subject: Would it be wrong to track prep a Rallye...
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #1
Having been busy sorting this new Rallye I've got, doing a track day in it at Mallory before it goes hopefully and I got to thinking....

Would it be wrong to track prep another Rallye?

Getting the hankering for a track toy and love the Rallye's but given their relative scarcity these day, should they be left as nature intended and use a 6 instead?

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now

Silver BMW 550i.... The executive missile

Posted 22nd Oct 2015 at 11:23
rikky 🦔

Post #2
quote:
Explaining I'd bought it to fix up and sell on at a bit of a profit calmed her fire snorting temper

LOL so you're not selling it?

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 22nd Oct 2015 at 11:27
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #3
This ones deffo going but some point next year I'll get another..

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now

Silver BMW 550i.... The executive missile

Posted 22nd Oct 2015 at 11:29
99rallye

Regular

Post #4
While mine isn't going to be stripped to the nuts and solid mounted; I'm aiming for it to be caged and bucketed. I don't see anything wrong with it either.

I justified it to myself by saying its never going to make a concourse example because its been used too well and its a Cat D - but i still love it and want it to be fit for the stuff i want to do with it. I don't want to do stuff to it based on what someone else or another owner of it some time in the future thinks is right.

I'd say go for it.....but each to their own.
Posted 22nd Oct 2015 at 12:08
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Personal opinion it would be pointless to destroy a rallye for track purpose may as well use a 6 theres just more of them however using a rallye for track and maintaining it so it could be returned to norm why not !
There are still plenty of rallyes going around especially red ones and at the end of the day you cant drive a 6 or rallye on the road to potential they need to be on a track somewhere or at some time

Mine is almost restored to oe spec most parts peugeot and will stay that way eventually all parts peugeot
Will be buying a 6 to set for track next year

The less rallyes the higher the price lovely

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
Posted 22nd Oct 2015 at 13:03
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
No one cares - buy a 205 then put that on the track - will wipe the floor with a 6 or Rallye all day long !
Posted 22nd Oct 2015 at 13:10
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Yea f**k it buy robby rockets jet pants and shoot of into the sky instead Smile

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
Posted 22nd Oct 2015 at 13:20
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
There are so many Rallyes that have been track prepped - why not get one already done that someone else has spent loads on then grown bored of?

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 23rd Oct 2015 at 15:49
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #9
mik wrote:
There are so many Rallyes that have been track prepped - why not get one already done that someone else has spent loads on then grown bored of?

I would agree with this to be honest. Yes

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 23rd Oct 2015 at 15:56
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #10
Do it.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 23rd Oct 2015 at 16:00
    Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
    If I had known what I know now with how much I've spent ....I would of been better off money wise offering Ollie money for his car ....
    I've got loads to spend yet Thumbs down

Yes you do enjoy doing it ..but money wise it's bloody stupid ....I also agree buy someone's done or 3/4 done Thumbs up
    You get fed up either way ask loads on here Crazy
    Posted 23rd Oct 2015 at 16:22
    aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
    If you buy one half done you may well find that the work carried out the previous owner is sub standard and have to spend a lot of time and money righting it. At least if you strip and build yourself it'll be done how you want it.
    I don't care for rallyes as they are simply a lower spec 6. So buy a 6 or rallye and build it yourself.

See the sheer power and might of the lesser known burrowing owl.

Posted 23rd Oct 2015 at 16:48
    blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
    Just do it regardless there not exactly classic etc I track prepped my rallye but it was cheap with a knackered engine, and yes I wasted a load of money that I never got back and could of done things cheaper but it was mine and exactly how I wanted it not what anyone/everyone else wanted
    Posted 23rd Oct 2015 at 17:45
    Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
    I can always see the argument of buying prebuilt but for me that has been half the fun. Adding a part that transforms the car, it's what keeps me chomping at the bit for the next stage etc

Take that supercharged black pug, looked amazing in pics but the bucket was held in with a zip tie etc

I don't the whe protection over rallyes yes they are rare but they are never going to be worth that much in the big scheme of things and ive ended up effectively spending money turning my 6 into one to go down the track route anyway....

Do it but only if you will keep it. Seems little sense blowing money and devaluing it if you intend to sell shortly
    Posted 24th Oct 2015 at 11:55
    eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
    I agree with most on here, be a rallye or a 6 or makes no odds really, just that the rallye is the better option for track as it already has no AC and other bits and bobs. Also like Aaron says at the end of the day a rallye is just a poverty spec gti6.
    It all depends what you want out of the car and how far you want to go. If you just strip interior and bolt in bucket seats you canal ways go back to standard in the future. Where like me I have gone too far now to go back to standard, all seat mountains brackets removed, front seat bars welded in, unused wiring removed and poly Windows on the way. But all depends on how well of a track car you build, proper weld in cage, good suspension setup ect... You will still fetch good money for one.

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
    Posted 24th Oct 2015 at 13:15
    chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #16
    At the end of the day nobody will ever modify a car to someone else's taste as we are all individual and you can't please everyone so do what makes you happy I say!!

Now.......would it be wrong to break mine for parts as nobody wants to buy it whole and it's cheap too.......

Iv wanted a track car for ages and been tempted a lot of times with my rallye to just say to hell with it...STRIP IT!!!!!

cherry rallye daily (the money pit)
    Posted 24th Oct 2015 at 21:06
    Twangy

Senior User

Post #17
    allways cheaper to buy one done than build from scratch , but building it yourself is all part of the fun and best way to get to know all about car , best way to do is buy one already done and strip and rebuild over winter period ready for new year , and decide what spec you want car and stick to that otherwise it will really start costing you money

wayne mcardle
    Posted 24th Oct 2015 at 22:39