displaying posts 26 to 33 of 33

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: shortened/alternatve radiators
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #26
I doubt it'll fit with the longman inlet, its too short and steep, all the maxi inlets I've seen are quite a bit longer and curved down similar to the satchell ones.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 25th Sep 2017 at 13:36
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
quote:
[quote="blandy"]slightly off topic does the maxi airbox fit with the standard rad in standard position? (assuming using the longman type inlet though)

No it’s a huge deep wide great thing
Posted 25th Sep 2017 at 14:16
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
Hmm so do they run a custom rad as well then. Thinking it may have been a nice alternative but maybe the 205 set up is the way to go
Posted 25th Sep 2017 at 15:41
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
I have a Satchell inlet with my bodies, not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing!

Looks like the 205 rad is the main option. I really just want to clean up the air flow into the engine and into the rad as I don't think it's working too well at the moment

Rallye Race Car
Posted 25th Sep 2017 at 16:02
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
quote:
[quote="demondriverdan"]I have a Satchell inlet with my bodies, not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing!

Looks like the 205 rad is the main option. I really just want to clean up the air flow into the engine and into the rad as I don't think it's working too well at the moment

I tried my Maxi airbox ... remember there’s Mk1 / Mk2 version ..I had mk2 ...The Satchell inlet converted from a 6 inlet to 8 Injectors as I had will fit with short body Jenveys like Mei plus I bought ....I think with standard length Jenvey / Omex bodies it will stick out through the Grill to far ...
Posted 25th Sep 2017 at 18:37
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
Balls. Maybe I'll have to build my own air box / air channel system

Rallye Race Car
Posted 25th Sep 2017 at 20:36
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
quote:
[quote="demondriverdan"]Balls. Maybe I'll have to build my own air box / air channel system
....good idea plus easy to do ...I’m just getting some U shaped Kevlar the width of my ITG air filter so it goes under the ITG to stop all the Radiator heat soaking into the ITG plus into the Throttle bodies / im bonding the Kevlar onto my grill which has mesh on it / cut out loads ...that way air will be directed to ITG filer plus no Heat soak ...
Posted 25th Sep 2017 at 22:12
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
I think I'm going to go gti6 rad so will have my complete 205 set up for sale shortly
Posted 28th Sep 2017 at 18:54

Pages (2): 1 [2]