displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: 99 Rallye resto.
Craig g

Regular

Post #1
Thought I'd post a few jpegs of the Rallye now that it's actually back on its wheels (albeit they are new too!)

I've had the blooming thing over a year now, and I'd forgotten how frustrating 80's / 90's peugeots can be...

Since buying the car I've undertaken the following:
1. Sorted out surface rust - mostly in the boot floor / rear legs, rear wheel wells - prep'd back to bare metal and refinished.I've still a little bit to do in the engine bay but will get to that when car gets sent for a full respray!
2. Refurb'd gearbox, new clutch, short shift kit plus linkages.
3. Removed morettes, straight through exhaust, dodgy fake omp steering wheel, compomotive wheels and tyres and replaced with standard crystal headlights, zero stainless steel exhaust including decat (bought on here from Ollie) - lovely exhaust although it seems to rattle a bit at the moment - fettling required!, bought a set of speedline's from Carl Chambers and fitted them with new tyres - 15's so a bit nearer stock sizes
4. New shafts, bottom arms, ball joints and drop links. New poly bushes fitted too.
5. Replaced rear shocks for bilstein's bought from day666 on here - lovely shocks! Replaced stops and bushes also with poly versions.
6. New Bilstien b8's with -30mm springs on front.
7. Refurbished brembo's with new discs and pads.
8. Front seats refurbished and complete interior cleaned. New OMP steering wheel and boss but I think I'm going to go back to stock wheel if I can find a decent one, same for stereo head unit... Looking for a decent standard unit.
9. Put through an MOT - passed!

I've lots more to do to it to get it to where I want it to be and will post the occasional update on here when I can...

Craig g has attached the following image:

Posted 13th Sep 2015 at 20:10
99rallye

Regular

Post #2
Sounds great, but I don't think your images are working
Posted 13th Sep 2015 at 20:03
Craig g

Regular

Post #3
Won't let me upload jpegs!
Posted 13th Sep 2015 at 20:11