displaying posts 26 to 35 of 35

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: My Peugeot 306 Rallye (XT) Project.
shabusta

Regular

Post #26
now for the ashamed bit... it is quarter past 1am here now...

i made the mistake of not pulling hard enough. you know encase i brake something else...
so i took the roller off the left side and spent about half an hr to an hr trying to get the right one off...
accidentally knocked the bumper and what do you know it fell right off. Crazy

shabusta has attached the following image:

Posted 14th Sep 2015 at 16:25
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
shabusta wrote:
I was hoping for that, but forums have a varied mix of too much suspension to as you say works well,
probably just becasue i have this one and not the other, i am still on the opinion i should have got one of the Bilstein kits,
but i haven't driven it yet.

updates will be slow until late October, end of University session, and i work full time No not a good mix.
Ive driven 6's with the Bilstein B8 shocks and B6 rears and I found them too soft for my liking. I had B6 rears on mine for a while and found to be too soft to be able to match up to my fronts so got shot of those after a short space of time.

See the sheer power and might of the lesser known burrowing owl.

Posted 14th Sep 2015 at 17:55
shabusta

Regular

Post #28
after using the biggest crew driver i have and i bit of leverage with the body of the car, i managed to get the bolt out far enough to string some wire around it and pull it out.
any one got ideas for the other side, the front of the strut is already pushing up against the sump.

after playing around with the bush i am wondering how i passed the road safety inspection....

Posted 19th Sep 2015 at 10:42
shabusta

Regular

Post #29
to make everything more accessible i removed all of the guards,
is there anyway to remove the clips without breaking them?

Posted 19th Sep 2015 at 10:43
shabusta

Regular

Post #30
just a quick update on this one, i got sick of not having a car so i said F**k it and forced the lower engine mount back on, without its shinny new bush, put the exhaust back on and drove off.

maiden voyage and i nicked the retaining wall on the way out Angry fair bit of damage from the steel girder to the side skirt.

but apart from that the drive is amazing!!!
cornering is 20-30km/hr faster and still feels perfectly stable,
precision of the wheel is excellent, can let go of the wheel and it will point straight out of a corner.

down sides are s**t breaks, went from an E2 compound to an E1, sh*t of ordering from a local importer.
suspension is great but very bouncy or forceful in some locations but amazing everywhere else,
i would say some simple adjustment to the settings will fix this.

i have found the rear end to have a fair bit of flex in it, is the hybrid arb worth it? $400+ p/h from spoox, where can i get one cheaper?

in the flex department will the arb fix most flex or can you also stiffen diagonally for corners instead of just parallel?
Posted 22nd Dec 2015 at 23:07
shabusta

Regular

Post #31
Apparently the E1 rating is the best you can get from the Germans???

http://www.hsy.com.au/ate-ceramic-brake-pads

i will change to they arnt bad just no bite and requires a firm foot on the pedal,
good for casual driving, or i just haven't worn them in yet.
Posted 22nd Dec 2015 at 23:18
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
Torsion Performance can do ARBs but not sure if they can ship to you?

Rallye Race Car
Posted 22nd Dec 2015 at 23:47
shabusta

Regular

Post #33
cheers mate i remember coming across them a while ago and could not find them again.
sent them an E-mail see what i get back.

any recommendations on ARB / Torsion sizes?

ARB is probably the big one, i would probably be better off finding slightly larger bars from a wreck.
Posted 22nd Dec 2015 at 23:54
shabusta

Regular

Post #34
aaron6 wrote:
shabusta wrote:
I was hoping for that, but forums have a varied mix of too much suspension to as you say works well,
probably just becasue i have this one and not the other, i am still on the opinion i should have got one of the Bilstein kits,
but i haven't driven it yet.

updates will be slow until late October, end of University session, and i work full time No not a good mix.
Ive driven 6's with the Bilstein B8 shocks and B6 rears and I found them too soft for my liking. I had B6 rears on mine for a while and found to be too soft to be able to match up to my fronts so got shot of those after a short space of time.

the spax rsx rears are amazing, the fronts need work to get them right.
Posted 23rd Dec 2015 at 01:33
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
shabusta wrote:
to make everything more accessible i removed all of the guards,
is there anyway to remove the clips without breaking them?

You can buy more on ebay or similar quite cheaply - measure one of yours and buy a similar size. You can also get ones that are easier to disassemble, they have a bit that pushes down the middle to engage them, which you unscrew/pull out and the rest of it pulls out easily. The OE clips are not designed for repeated assembly/disassembly, hard not to break one or two.

Levering them gently with 2 screwdrivers and persuading them out can help keep breakages to a minimum.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 23rd Dec 2015 at 13:17

Pages (2): 1 [2]