displaying posts 1 to 15 of 15

Author Subject: Rallye Miles
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Hi all
After many interesting opinions about the price of a Rallye at the current time with reflection of age condition colour and original miles covered am atempting to see what the current value should really be

I have a black rallye with 155k on the clock body condition fair for age cost 1k in jan with watching out for a white one and observing the price jump am not sure of a realistic price

Are there so few left and if so what do you think yours is worth or woud you pay to get one

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
Posted 23rd Aug 2015 at 07:21
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
The condition of these cars has a significant influence on price. For example, cambelt, history, interior condition, decals looking good, etc. Details on those would help.

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 23rd Aug 2015 at 08:33
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Just stick it up for £3k and see what happens, everyone else looks to be doing that Laugh my ass off

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 23rd Aug 2015 at 09:41
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Everything is new including windscreen and some wiring looms some parts still to be fitted waiting on peugeot oe driveshafts then the front is complete will finish treating the underside the will repaint her full bollock tickling respray
She will never be sold was just after a guide for future purchases

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
Posted 23rd Aug 2015 at 10:07
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #5
I too have noticed the apparent resurgence of the Rallye market over the last 6 weeks. Whilst people may scoff at some of the prices being asked, clearly some of these cars are moving at near these prices. This suggests there are buyers looking and willing to pay.

I firmly believe the Rallye is going to be a future classic. Renouned as one of the very best hot hatches, they were limited in numbers to start with. A limited numbers version of a classic will always attract more interest.

What is also becoming abundantly clear is that the higher end of the market wants clean, original, non modified and looked after examples. Given the age of these cars and the relative scarcity to begin with, low mileage examples will be very, very hard to come by. They will also attract a premium, but again, how much will then depend on condition, originality etc. They are also likely to be in car collectors collections and won't come up for sale very often, if they are even offered on the public market at all. Those cars in as close to factory condition as possible will be in demand as time goes on and attrition continues to lower the numbers of Rallye's left. Mileage is a factor but as long as it can be proven that bits likely to be worn in relation to nmilegae (suspension, arms, bushes, clutch etc) have been replaced, it becomes less of an issue.

How do I know the buyers are there for these cars? Because over the three forums I'm updating my Rallye resto thread, I've had a number of people message expressing an interest of talking seriously about purchase once its finished. Also, I saw a post from Carl Chambers stating he'd turned down 15k for his white Rallye!

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now

Silver BMW 550i.... The executive missile

Posted 23rd Aug 2015 at 10:13
superchargedblack1997gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Carl's is somewhat a rarity tho. A standard low mileage Rallye will be worth 10k in another couple of years the rarer they become the more the price goes up supply and demand. If you can keep it for another few years it will be worth 3k to the right buyer everything has a a price and the less there are the more you can demand a higher price Smile

Super high boost Completed, destroyer of gearboxes and 160mph club
Posted 23rd Aug 2015 at 12:17
gwyn rallye

Regular

Post #7
I purchased my white Rallye 3 years ago from Carl G with 67k on the clock, full service history, totally standard, recent cambelt and beam overhaul.

Its now just ticked over 73k and is due a new belt and MOT. I looked for a long time and noticed 3 years ago they were beginning to suffer with rust issues, badly worn seats and abuse etc...

I paid what many would consider way over the odd's at the time but I wanted a cared for example that had a mint interior, had no paint, no accident damage, no rust from wrecked jacking points etc. If you buy cheap and want perfection (or close to it) the bills will soon add up once you've spent on correcting the worn/damaged stuff.

If you want the best of a rare breed you will have to pay for it. Yes there are other cars more capable, faster, more powerful etc.. for the £3k to £5k I think a very good Rallye should cost however the same argument applies to most classics as time moves on. Just look at the values of the 205, R5 Turbo, RS Turbos, Clio Williams.

Its about time the Rallye and 6 are appreciated for what they are, a fantasic hot hatch and probably the best of their era. The other classics mentioned above, you will still get one for £2k ish that are rough and need work, but the very best examples are going for three times that (and more...) I dont think it'll be long before immaculate standard Rallye's and 6's start moving in that direction.

At the end of the day there is plently of love for these cars, and if the right person wants one bad enough they will pay a premium for the right car. All my opinion of course.

Bianca white 306 Rallye
Arctic blue Clio 182 FF
Alpine white 205 1.9 GTI
Posted 23rd Aug 2015 at 13:26
pugsy77

Senior User

Post #8
I've had mine since June 2006 and covered 135k and counting of which I put in 75k during my ownership. I waited 2 years to find a standard black rallye. It's serviced every 7k miles, have replaced many parts over time, HG done, several cambelt jobs, got a stacks of receipts, stamps (Peugeot and independent) and looked after meticulously. It sailed past MOT few weeks ago and waiting for my decade of love to tick over next year.

5 years ago, due to redundancy, was forced to sell it, but made sacrifices elsewhere to ensure it's part of the family Smile

The only aftermarket parts have been a Longlife cat back quiet exhaust(since 2006), K&N panel filter and car audio bits that can be swapped back to original in no time.

I've no intention of selling it but I'm sure these are appreciating in value slowly.

306 RALLYE
Posted 23rd Aug 2015 at 14:27
orta

Senior User

Post #9
Ben_W wrote:
I too have noticed the apparent resurgence of the Rallye market over the last 6 weeks. Whilst people may scoff at some of the prices being asked, clearly some of these cars are moving at near these prices. This suggests there are buyers looking and willing to pay.

I firmly believe the Rallye is going to be a future classic. Renouned as one of the very best hot hatches, they were limited in numbers to start with. A limited numbers version of a classic will always attract more interest.

What is also becoming abundantly clear is that the higher end of the market wants clean, original, non modified and looked after examples. Given the age of these cars and the relative scarcity to begin with, low mileage examples will be very, very hard to come by. They will also attract a premium, but again, how much will then depend on condition, originality etc. They are also likely to be in car collectors collections and won't come up for sale very often, if they are even offered on the public market at all. Those cars in as close to factory condition as possible will be in demand as time goes on and attrition continues to lower the numbers of Rallye's left. Mileage is a factor but as long as it can be proven that bits likely to be worn in relation to nmilegae (suspension, arms, bushes, clutch etc) have been replaced, it becomes less of an issue.

How do I know the buyers are there for these cars? Because over the three forums I'm updating my Rallye resto thread, I've had a number of people message expressing an interest of talking seriously about purchase once its finished. Also, I saw a post from Carl Chambers stating he'd turned down 15k for his white Rallye!

Yours will be worth a decent amount mate when ur finished. Everyone is right that it's the original standard ones that will be worth money. Not like my lowered example with funny decals !! That said I'm not bothered because I won't be selling for the foreseeable!

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

||B8s||60-70mm drop||Black Partner Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Refurbed Beam||Hybrid ARB||VTS Torsion Bar||
Posted 24th Aug 2015 at 12:22
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Mine's on 88k miles but having had an engine swap in the past it'll never be worth as much as full original car. That said it is pretty much standard and I'm tempted to replace the only non-standard parts (cone filter and exhaust) but it just sounds so good with them!

I've been wondering if changes such as solid mounts, 21mm TBs, Xsara VTS rack etc would be a good thing or a bad thing when it comes to selling time?

Rallye Race Car
Posted 24th Aug 2015 at 16:02
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #11
I can't see them being a bad thing as long as you keep and include the originals.... It puzzles me to be honest as to why Citroen fitted them and Peugeot didnt.

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now

Silver BMW 550i.... The executive missile

Posted 24th Aug 2015 at 17:10
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
I would have to say that a Rallye in clean cosmetic condition inside and out, with all the main jobs up to date, a thick file of history, evidence of being well-kept and with no obvious rust would have to be worth £2K minimum. For cars with extra-low mileage (well under 100K), and in mint condition (meaning no cosmetic blemishes) it would be more. At that price it is still a cheap car that delivers brilliant value for money.

My reasoning is simple. Dog-eared, neglected examples owned by a succession of people with no money to maintain them still seem to fetch about £1000. A MOT'd car of almost any type probably has a basic value of close to that figure. As I've said before, by the time you do 3 or 4 jobs avoided by previous owners (bald tyres, blowing exhaust, overdue cam belt, wafer-thin brakes) £1000 isn't difficult to add up and from my experience de-rusting the underneath is such a faff that paying extra to avoid would be well worth it.

The Rallye also represents a type of hot hatch that is no longer made for the mass market. It is lighter, simpler and unburdened with all the extra stuff they put on cars these days. It also looks right, and is still fantastic fun to drive. There are other cars that are faster, but on a public road it can still cover ground as quickly as cars costing a lot more. It is also simple to maintain, and parts are inexpensive. As for the premium over the GTI-6, there are those that think the lack of creature comforts is appealing in a weekend toy and mean there are less bits to break. The bold non-metallic colours also appeal to a certain type of buyer, as does the fact there were fewer produced (marketing/cost-cutting exercise or not).

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 24th Aug 2015 at 21:49
MisterGTR

Senior User

Post #13
Once the Rallye gets on to one of these types of lists (self-fulfilling) then its game on

http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/ferrari/308/4414/classic-cars-to-buy-in-2015

I started my Mid Life Crisis by looking at a few 968CS a few years ago but (as you know) my lack of spanner skills put me off. And decided that the 6 would be more fun and less of a drain (relatively). But if i had a garage i saw a stunning one for £10k with all the bits which would be nice appreciating (if not burning a hole in my pocket with repairs).

Turned 40 and in true cliched fashion buying one of the cars of my teenage dreams!
Posted 25th Aug 2015 at 12:59
Tarmac terror

Regular

Post #14
How strange Ian.....

I too had a look into 968 Clubbies down my neck of the woods and decided they weren't for me. By the time I decided something small and nimble was the order of the day, I'd whittled it down to either an Abarth 595 Competizione or a Fiesta ST (with the Abarth edging ahead slightly due to 'quirkiness' LOL. By chance I happened upon the Rallye on Ebay and decided to save it from the scrapper......

Once the new rear 1/4 panel is fitted along with the Ph3 hatch and the car sprayed, it'll look the way it did before it's little accident!! Interior is V good and despite the last owner verifying the cambelt change date/miles, I'll probably fire a new one on soon.

Just this fricking running issue to deal with and all will be rosy!! just have a million and one things that need cash flung at them right now to worry about the Pug.

Could be worse though......£40K+ for some old 504...http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C654966

Big grin

TT
Posted 18th Sep 2015 at 10:17
MisterGTR

Senior User

Post #15
Tarmac terror wrote:
How strange Ian.....

I too had a look into 968 Clubbies down my neck of the woods and decided they weren't for me. By the time I decided something small and nimble was the order of the day, I'd whittled it down to either an Abarth 595 Competizione or a Fiesta ST (with the Abarth edging ahead slightly due to 'quirkiness' LOL. By chance I happened upon the Rallye on Ebay and decided to save it from the scrapper......

Once the new rear 1/4 panel is fitted along with the Ph3 hatch and the car sprayed, it'll look the way it did before it's little accident!! Interior is V good and despite the last owner verifying the cambelt change date/miles, I'll probably fire a new one on soon.

Just this fricking running issue to deal with and all will be rosy!! just have a million and one things that need cash flung at them right now to worry about the Pug.

Could be worse though......£40K+ for some old 504...http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C654966

Big grin

TT

Hmmmm......it's now getting a bit silly! LOL

I remember when i worked at BarCap (canary wharf) one of the contractors took my out in his CS (auto) and i knew i wanted one then - just couldn't afford it...and didn't really need a car in London (i walked to work and staggered home so was very rarely sober enough to drive!) I still have a search on Autotrader and tease myself. I just know that i don't have the skills to keep it on the road.

I also keep looking at NSX's.... you? Dunno LOL

My dad had a 504 estate, 505, 604, (he used to buy cars at auction in Glasgow, do up and sell car in London to make ends meet) and my mum's first car was a 104. But she bought a s**tter from the auction without my dad - so my dad had to buy a donor and swap engines..making his own engine pulley. He must wonder if i'm his kid sometimes LOL So i guess although this is my first Pug....i did grow up with them! And fords, and dastuns...and.. Big grin

Turned 40 and in true cliched fashion buying one of the cars of my teenage dreams!
Posted 18th Sep 2015 at 14:04