displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Heater Matrix Upgrade
Eddleston

Regular

Post #1
I'm just about to get my dead heater matrix out but before I buy a new one is there anything upgraded out there now?

I know that when I bought my rad and lower pipe it came with a slightly better design than what was on there before. Has anywhere done this for the matrix yet? Only getting links to genuine ones - which will just fail again.

the zombie apocalypse started long ago, only no-one realised most can talk and drive
Posted 3rd Aug 2015 at 19:32
barrym

Senior User

Post #2
How old, assuming it is original, is the heater matrix you are replacing? Will you still own this car that far in the future?

China D Turbo HDi daily charger
Black Rallye occassional toy
Posted 3rd Aug 2015 at 19:38
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3
the original valeo/behr units have lasted 10-15 years so far, the nissens replacements I've used have actually been valeo mouldings on the 205's.

if the HG is good, as well as good coolant used, there's no need to do anything but use standard parts.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 3rd Aug 2015 at 19:47
Nose

Senior User

Post #4

as well as good coolant used, there's no need to do anything but use standard parts.

Mei is spot on, i saw sething once from VALEO saying about this. Apparently they fail (over time) due to poor quality coolant being used that doesn't stop 'crud' build up. Where the coolant pipes bend is where the crud builds up and after a time, rots through as this point. So always use good stuff Thumbs up

Bianca 306 Rallye.
Mondeo Titanium X.
Posted 4th Aug 2015 at 21:12
BigRez

Junior User

Post #5
I've just used genuine PSA 'Pro' pre-mixed blue.

Nice and simple, no dilution or cutting required!

Finally got a GTI!
Posted 8th Aug 2015 at 22:50