displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Helper/Tender spring
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
On the dimma I'm using gaz gold coilovers, Im using 8" springs and they are as low as they can go.
When I drive slowly over a speed bump etc you can hear the spring rattle around as It doesn't take much travel until the spring isn't under tension.

I'm guessing a helper or tender spring will take up this slack when the damper extends!

Obviously I will need shorter main springs to account for the added spring length of the helper/tender spring when it's compressed!

What length helper/tender springs shall I go for and what spring rate as I notice helper are less than tender springs
Posted 26th Jul 2015 at 19:34
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
My helpers are 25/30mm without any preload. I don't run hard springs 285lb which are 200mm long on kw v2

Nothing to see here
Posted 26th Jul 2015 at 20:57
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
So .....

Am I right in thinking helper springs are less lb/ft than tender, helper springs help keep the main spring under tension where as tender springs are a higher lb/ft and are used as a softer spring to take up little bumps before the main spring comes into play
Posted 26th Jul 2015 at 21:44
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Yes

Nothing to see here
Posted 27th Jul 2015 at 06:19