displaying posts 1 to 9 of 9

Author Subject: Lambda wiring
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
I'm installing a DTA E48 on my car, according to the wiring diagram for the ecu the black and grey wires are used for the ecu. I was just wondering whether i should do anything with the two white wires as from an internet search it appears that they are used for heating it up. Dunno

Goldie the track car.
Posted 22nd Jul 2015 at 21:23
craig903

Regular

Post #2
Yep thats correct, two are for pre heating. The ve+ for the heater comes from the 20pin connector on the chassis just connect it back up. I think it is pin 6 on the big chassis connector. Obviously just wire that to the heater live and then ve- to the chassis. The power for the lambda heater ultimatly comes from the fuel pump relay so this switches it on/off.

208 GTI Owner
Turbo'd '6 project - work in progress
Posted 23rd Jul 2015 at 18:43
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Nice one, thanks for that Thumbs up

Goldie the track car.
Posted 23rd Jul 2015 at 21:15
craig903

Regular

Post #4
No worries, there is a fuse for the lambda heater in the engine bay fuse box. I can't remember the fuse number but use that to double check what pin it is in the 20 pin plug

208 GTI Owner
Posted 23rd Jul 2015 at 22:00
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Any idea on the current draw for the heater?
I'm making completely new looms and don't want to under-spec the wiring or fuse etc, i'll power it from one of the fuel pump relays.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 24th Jul 2015 at 21:45
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #6
9 or 11 w iirc.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 24th Jul 2015 at 21:57
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Ahh, much less than i thought, i was assuming 20A for some reason.
Thanks Mei.

One other question, the large ring terminal that lives on the large live starter post then goes into the wiring loom, does that just supply a live for the fuel pump relay which then powers other stuff?
I had a look at some wiring diagrams but couldnt see that mentioned, im pretty sure i traced it back to one of the pins on the relay connector.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 24th Jul 2015 at 22:19
craig903

Regular

Post #8
The fuel pump relay only powers the fuel pump and labda sensor heater. The switched live on the relay goes into the inertia switch and then into the engine bay fuse box via the 20pin chassis plug. It splits into two fuses (fuel pump and lambda heater fuse). after the fuses it goes to the fuel pump and to the lambda heater via the 20 pin plug again. I believe i read up that lambda heaters have a 1 amp draw.

All the body electrics etc are powered by a live wire going into the engine fuse box. it bolts in the end off the fuse holder a cover pulls up and there is a 10mm nut holding it on. This is how the ignition is powered up. Then when you turn your ignition on then their is a 12v switch wire which goes fuel pump/ecu relay. Ultimately the ecu controls the fuel pump relay.

208 GTI Owner
Posted 24th Jul 2015 at 22:50
cully

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
white wire runs to the inersia switch to the double relay it will power fuel pump/lambda/ECU/injectors/coilpacks + more
Posted 25th Jul 2015 at 07:40