displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Flat spot at 6k rpm
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
I've got a gti6 engine in my 205 and it's got a horrible flat spot at around 6k. It accelerates fine and then at 6k in 4th it just goes flat sometimes if I back off the throttle and ease back on you can feel it try and pick up again

Any ideas?

Previously had a filter on the throttle body do I've installed a airbox and cold air feed thinking this will help but doesn't seem to have altered anything. Also timing is ok (all lines up with alloy pulley fitted)
Posted 20th Jun 2015 at 12:46
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Does it happen in any gear ? If so sounds liking timing slightly out ?
Posted 20th Jun 2015 at 15:21
cully

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
plug or coil pack breaking down?
Posted 20th Jun 2015 at 15:42
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Was fuel filter (only been on 100miles or so) pulled the filter off and was pretty clogged up so guess just couldn't get the amount of fuel needed.
Removed the gauze from the filter and power restored allthough think the injectors have seen better days as pulled them out and they don't look much better. Guess that's the joys of it being unused for years allthough I did drain the tank and it's all new lines etc
Posted 20th Jun 2015 at 17:46