displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Uprated oil pump chain
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Never guess who I got this from... Yep, you guessed it,that mystical man himself, Rich_W. I bought this from him yonks ago and was going to use it in my race engine but I'm now moving to a dry sump so this isn't required. I know 3 people who have had the standard oil pump chain snap under heavy use, one with dire consequences so if you're spending a lot of money on your engine why not spend a bit more and buy this too?! Can't remember why they are better, something to do with the pins between the links which are the weak link (bud um tssssh!) on the standard chains. Good enough for 450bhp@8500rpm, good enough for you!

£40

Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 1
Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 2
Lap of the 'ring
Posted 7th Jul 2015 at 21:30
p-silva21

Regular

Post #2
Still have this?
Posted 16th Nov 2015 at 10:40
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #3
The rollers on the pins are tubular rather than rolled with a split and butted together. I found these for Rich, nobody on one has had a failure so far so they must hold up better.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 17th Nov 2015 at 17:55
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
oh so its like a proper bike chain, I wonder what pitch they are.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 17th Nov 2015 at 17:56