displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: 306 Tow Bar
pebbles167

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Looking to buy a trailer soon, and so need to fit an attachment to my 306 HDi 3dr to tow.. well whatever i come across. Mostly my motorbike to track days but occasionally bigger stuff such as caravans or machinery.

Anyway, I've no idea where to start. Obviously I've found some on eBay but unsure which to go for. I'm reasonably skilled with DIY but would i need a professional install? Also, is the electronic light board socket easy enough to wire in?

Any help on the matter would be much appreciated, cheers Smile

2005 Peugeot 206 GTI 180

2008 BMW K1200R
Posted 11th Jun 2015 at 20:35
heliosphan

Senior User

Post #2
Can a ~1100kg 306 legally tow a caravan? I guess a very light one would be okay. Fitting a tow bar is a piece of p**s and definitely DIY. The wiring only needs to include the old style 7N lighting plug by law. If you'd like the fridge to work (and other things) then you'll want the 7S relay connection too: both easy to wire up. Alternatively just bung on the modern 13 pin unit and have everything in one.

You'll want a seriously featherweight caravan to prevent the tail from wagging the dog!
Posted 12th Jun 2015 at 11:22
pebbles167

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Caravan was a possibility, but since I've never been on my own caravan holiday, it's a very small possiblity.

Main use would be towing my bike around. Unlikely to be more than 600kg even with a couple of bikes if it's a moderately lightweight trailer.

2005 Peugeot 206 GTI 180

2008 BMW K1200R
Posted 12th Jun 2015 at 19:58