displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: be3/be4
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
I need to know the differences please! Not so much to do with bell housings but the mid section in particular, and the size of the end bearing on the input shaft, cheers.

Are the mid sections different depending on the bell housing?

Found some on servicebox but can't seem to find a part number for the mid sections, anyone able to help?

For info- I have just dissassembled my dog box and found the midsection has cracks around the mounts and the bearing holes in the end so am looking for a replacement. Just want to know if all the BE4 mid sections are the same or if BE3 midsections are also the same etc. All the mid sections I have are stamped BE4.

Cheers!

Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 1
Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 2
Lap of the 'ring
Posted 2nd Jun 2015 at 23:15
miles

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
The later box's had a plastic oil way added and yet more rib's, bearings all the same along with some other case difference's. Other than that all the same, I've got all my 5 gears in a 6 speed box with different bit's so quite easy

306 Rallye Sptint/Race Car, 205 CTI 1.9 8v to name a few

Road, Track and Race/Rally car preparation to your personal requirements,
Full Workshop & Diagnostic Facilities
New and Second parts, from Plugs to Turbo's
We now also carry out Routine Servicing
www.pugracing.com

& FB Page, https://www.facebook.com/PugRacing

Ebay; http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pug-Racing-Shop

2012/2013/2014/2019 Class Winners at Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb & Joint overall, Class record too along the way,
Posted 3rd Jun 2015 at 00:04
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Cheers Miles! So the BE3 and BE4 mid sections are all compatible? Any idea what the end bearing size is on the input shaft as I think mine are oversized at 52mm.

Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 1
Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 2
Lap of the 'ring
Posted 3rd Jun 2015 at 00:09
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
not really interchangeable as they are line bored, so should be used as a matching set.

there is a different outpit shaft outer end bearing in some be4 casings, smaller o.d, on higher torque applications I believe.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 3rd Jun 2015 at 03:26