displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Vibration
Thomsongti6

Post #1
Hey guys got a vibration when accelerating hard mainly 3rd gear, if u say it like it I write it brr brr brr brr, it's exactly like that the whole way up the Rev range I know the gearbox isn't the best, noisy 1st and 2nd, whine in 4th and tight 5th, it doesn't get any faster with speed or Rev increase just the same. Had both shafts replaced, now I do have vibratecnic engine mounts all round and have just fitted cm Motorsport stage 3 clutch but it sort of comes and goes if it's due to upgrades then I will put up with it just don't want to cause any further damage

Thanks
Posted 28th May 2015 at 10:36
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Might actually be a problem with the running? Could be misfiring rather than an external component causing vibration?

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 28th May 2015 at 12:07
Thomsongti6

Post #3
Never thought of that I have noticed a slight misfire when cold and under load, lambda sensor? Also might just get new coil packs as I'm due a major service anyway so will be changing the plugs even though i just changed them quite recently I think I got the wrong ones as isn't there a set of plugs that the 6's don't like?
Posted 28th May 2015 at 12:25
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Poor running when cold and not when warm is usually the green CTS or maybe even a coilpack. Mine was a coilpack.

I use the correct, standard NGKs and they do the job.

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 3rd Jun 2015 at 12:12