displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Wiper motor
tcrallye

Regular

Post #1
Been a while since I've owned a 6 or rallye. Currently own a p3 derv estate which needs a new wiper motor. I replaced it with a second hand one but it's clearly a different type as my automatic rain sensor no longer works and the wipers shut off mid wipe on the fastest setting. I've found one from a 98 gti6, do they have automatic rain sensors? Will this be the right one?

Just realised this should probably be in 'electrics'. My bad.
Posted 27th May 2015 at 22:16
Puggitt

Regular

Post #2
As far as I was aware the motors are all the same, it maybe a bad wire/connection or even the rain sensor causing your issues Dunno
Posted 28th May 2015 at 08:43
tcrallye

Regular

Post #3
Oh really, interesting. I just assumed it was a different one as the last one was working fine until it stopped working completely, no issue between that. Thanks. Can anyone confirm that the motors are the same across the models? And how would I check that the wiring is working as it should?
Posted 28th May 2015 at 08:50
tcrallye

Regular

Post #4
On further investigation online most suggest that wiper parking issues are still usually a fault in the motor itself so I guess I've bought a duff one. I better sort another then.
Posted 28th May 2015 at 09:06