displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: Budget GTI-6 Track Build
paulgt

Post #1
Thought Id best start a thread on our 306!
Myself, father inlaw and both brother inlaws have gone in together on it as a "track car on a budget", we've all done trackdays before but it gets expensive with 4 cars so going to share this car between us.
We bought it last September/October (can't actually remember as its been a while) I spotted it on ebay and it was literally round the corner from me, turns out it is Tom's (Orta's) car!
So we bought it got it home and its sat there ever since!!
However with the weather improving we've made a bit of a start and have a stockpile of parts to fit.
Not looking to increase power so loosing weight as its cheaper lol!
Heres the car from Tom's advert

So base car sorted, parts pile compiling!
Polybushed wishbones and p-bushes

Aircon removal setup

Momo wheel and boss

Fire Extinguisher from out of my old track GT4

Also have Brembo front and rear discs and rear pads, Mintex 1155 front pads, braided brake lines allround, cambelt kit and waterpump, NGK plugs but don’t have pics of these bits!

Started on stripping the interior out, all rear is done and now scrapping out the stuck on sound deadening (bits chucked back in for now)

Got a bit bored with the sound deadening removal so took the dash out!

Started pulling and cutting out the foam deadening from the firewall but again its very tedious!

Took door cards off and drilled out the metal brackets and while the drill was still out cut some cooling ducts in the bumper and grille, didn’t have a big enough drill bit for the grille so they will be enlarged, bumper needs to come off to so I can cut out the “second skin” and whilst its off the fogs are coming out and fitting some brake cooling ducts.

So that’s how it stands atm, all the parts we’ve bought need fitting, sound deadening removed, not sure what to do with dash yet – either go half dash or none at all, not sure what MOT requirements are on not having a dash board fitted though.
Any comments or suggestions welcome, we are more used to Jap cars so anything else is pretty alien!!

306 GTI 6 Track Car in the making....
Evo 5 GSR 360bhp....for now
Posted 26th May 2015 at 18:49
99rallye

Regular

Post #2
Looks like a nice example to start with! I look forward to keeping up with this one
Posted 26th May 2015 at 20:28