displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Squeaking from rear beam
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Hi all,

When cold i get a horrible squeaking (think a donkey on helium) over small bumps for at least a few miles.

I've been looking at the rear dampers (bilstein's) and the bushes on there are pretty much the only rubber ones left on the car, is it likely that these need replacing - are there any power flex or alternatives i should be considering? (it already has solid beam mounts etc)
Posted 19th May 2015 at 10:32
rikky 🦔

Post #2
beam mounts or recon beam time

you could chuck some solid ones on there or just some standard ones if you suspect beam mounts

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 19th May 2015 at 10:45
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
well the beam mounts are solid so surely cant be those?

The beam was rebuilt about 5k miles/5 yrs ago? - are these noises tell tale of beam rather than bushes?
Posted 19th May 2015 at 10:50
Thomsongti6

Post #4
I had this as well found out it was my boot lock latch on the body aid was worn and the sound was metal rubbing against metal
Posted 26th Jul 2015 at 17:39
barrym

Senior User

Post #5
Ha I'm currently experiencing exactly these symptoms but for me it is the mount on my after market exhaust catching on the rear axle. It was always very close but after changing my cat it now rubs when cold. 2 miles and the exhaust expands enough to clear

China D Turbo HDi daily charger
Black Rallye occassional toy
Posted 26th Jul 2015 at 17:45