displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Slight misfire
peetypug

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Took the rallye for MOT. Only just passed emissions due to a misfire (from what the mechanic said) I haven't noticed it myself and it seems to run ok.
But figured I'd only really notice if it was running on 3 cylinders.

I'm guessing it'll be plug or coil pack related, so other than swapping all of them is there a way I can diagnose the problem part?

Thanks.

Cherry rallye - DOB Thursday 29/04/1999
Team Rallye - the leaner, meaner, better looking sister of the GTI6 Big grin
roland rat wrote:
You sir either live for the 6 or have a mental retardation to still be repairing this!

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fecking temperamental. 
Posted 26th Apr 2015 at 10:24
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #2
Take all the plugs out and see if one looks slightly different from the other three.

If it does, fit it back but in another cylinder and then see if the 'normal' plug you fitted in its place looks the same after a few more miles.
If it does, then move the coil packs around and test results.

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 26th Apr 2015 at 21:34
peetypug

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Cheers Stan.

roland rat wrote:
You sir either live for the 6 or have a mental retardation to still be repairing this!

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fecking temperamental. 
Posted 26th Apr 2015 at 23:49
Tux62

Post #4
coil pack

G r tucker
Posted 27th Apr 2015 at 05:16
peetypug

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Icv is fecked. Just keeps revving up and down. Could this be what he thinks is a misfire?

roland rat wrote:

Posted 28th Apr 2015 at 13:34