• Cambelt changed: Unknown

Modifications: Pipercross panel filter

displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: 2001 Peugeot 306 XS
ash j

Regular

Post #1
Right guys,

Up for sale is my Peugeot 306 XS as I have just bought myself a Clio 182.

2001 ‘X’ Phase 3 306 XS 1.8 16v
91,500 miles
Black, 3 door
Being the XS model, has all the GTI body kit from factory except rear spoiler
Part service history (stamped service book to 73,924 miles)
5 former keepers
Fairly recent cambelt change but exact date not known (Gates sticker under bonnet for when next one is due)
MOT until 20 January 2016 (no advisories)
No tax due to new rules

The following work was carried out in January:

Brand new Magneti Marelli idle control valve
Brand new Bosch throttle position sensor
Replaced Bosch MAP sensor for good used genuine item
Brand new green temp sensor
Brand new set of NGK spark plugs
Brand new Pipercross panel filter
Oil change with Shell Helix oil and genuine Peugeot oil filter
Brand new cam cover gaskets (Inlet and Exhaust)
Brand new ContiTech drive/aux belt
Brand new rear discs and pads
Brand new Pagid front discs and pads
New O/S outer CV gaiter
Brand new Catalytic Converter
Brand new backbox
Brand new Xsara mist washer jets
New number plates (front is 3/4 height to fit recess nicely)
Brand new battery

Have invoices/receipts for all the above. Some of the above work was done by myself, some of it was done by a garage from which I have an invoice totalling £683 for their work (including cost of some of the parts).

I have a folder with various receipts/invoices for work done over the years, old MOT certificates, and all the invoices for parts I have bought under my ownership since October 2014.

Completely standard apart from the following mods:

Pipercross air filter element (will also include the Pipercross cleaning oil)
Xsara mist washer jets
New custom tailgate lock decal
New pair of smoked side repeaters
De-badged at rear
3/4 front plate to fit front bumper recess nicely

Bodywork overall is very tidy. There is a tiny dent at the rear near the ‘306’ badge which you can barely see. It can only just about be seen because I removed the ‘306’ badge, but it is not very noticeable. If you put a 306 badge back on you wouldn’t see it. There is a dent in the nearside of the front bumper from previous owner. I had planned on getting both bumpers resprayed as they also have the usual light scratches etc, so that the bodywork was really tidy overall. Only other things to note really is there is a slight mark immediately below filler cap where paint has discoloured slightly. My guess is this is where people have dripped petrol down the rear quarter and not wiped it away. And at the top of the tailgate is a lot of dried on tigerseal. I attempted to fit a Phase 3 spoiler but it didn’t go too well and I haven’t yet cleaned off the tigerseal from the boot. Fitting a spoiler would cover this, something I have wanted to do to complete the look of the car. Have not seen any rust anywhere.

Apart from that, there are light swirl marks in the paint under bright sunlight from people not using the correct washing method in the past, or using supermarket car wash machines etc! I am into my detailing quite a bit and just haven’t had the time to go over it with my polishing machine yet, but I know it will come up very well indeed.

Cyclone wheels are all in good condition. Matching tyres on the front, and matching tyres on the rear. All with plenty of tread. I believe the front two tyres were fitted not long before I bought the car in October so have plenty of life in them.

Interior is standard and very tidy indeed. Only two niggles are that a drivers side mat is missing (rest are there), and the gear knob could ideally do with replacing since it has started to peel on top (just my OCD). Seats are pretty much mint.

All electrics work, including remote central locking. It has a fully working electric sunroof.

Negative points:

Air conditioning does not work which is no surprise! Have not diagnosed what the problem is but I suspect corroded pipes which most 306s suffer from.

Clutch is slightly heavy and cable squeaks sometimes when engaging/releasing clutch. Could ideally do with a replacement clutch cable, as I know these are a common problem due to the way the cable is routed from the factory near the exhaust manifold, causing them to dry out. This is only reason for heavy pedal, but it actually feels fine to me now as I am just used to it. Clutch itself does not slip in anyway, it’s perfect and the gear change is really nice. Still drives absolutely fine even with cable as it is and all gears engage perfectly.

Just recently the ‘STOP’ light has come on the dash and stays on permanently. Have driven it like this for around 5-6 weeks now. Appears to be due to fans not working which has been diagnosed as a faulty Bitron unit. I have a replacement Bitron unit to fit but just have not got the time to fit it. The replacement Bitron unit will of course come with the car so you can fit it.

That is pretty much it. If I have forgotten anything then please ask!

I do have a genuine used Peugeot backbox for sale separately on the forum which was removed from my last GTI-6. I will let this go with the car, since it will also fit the XS, so you can either fit it if you so wished to have a genuine backbox on the car, or just sell it!

As I say, only reason for sale is I have bought a Clio 182 which I have wanted for a long time. This car has had a lot of money spent on it in the last few months and has had all the main parts replaced as listed above, and it was no wonder it went straight through the MOT without any advisories. Would be a very good car for somebody.

Price is £750.

Located in Portsmouth.

Thanks for looking.

Ash
07875 396600

Posted 21st Apr 2015 at 11:37
ash j

Regular

Post #2
Now sold.

Cheers.
Posted 22nd Apr 2015 at 20:00