displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Bleeding After Taking System Apart
Eddleston

Regular

Post #1
As most of you know I've had the abs and all piping round the bay out the car. I've started bleeding it through today and all I get out the rears is fluid, then plenty of air out the fronts. Great, I'll just go round again, no worries.

Now however I can hear the air going through the ABS but the system doesn't seem to take any more fluid.

Is there a trick to making the air go out of the ABS lines or do I just keep going? Annoying as so much fluid came out the fronts after a short time.

the zombie apocalypse started long ago, only no-one realised most can talk and drive
Posted 5th Apr 2015 at 15:20
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
get a pressure bleeder, also make sure the rear is loaded or at least the compensator clamped in a loaded position.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 5th Apr 2015 at 15:36
Eddleston

Regular

Post #3
welshpug! wrote:
get a pressure bleeder, also make sure the rear is loaded or at least the compensator clamped in a loaded position.

Pressure bleeder decided not to stay attached. I now have a bit less red paint on the engine bay Sad
I'll drop the back back down too, cheers.

the zombie apocalypse started long ago, only no-one realised most can talk and drive
Posted 7th Apr 2015 at 11:28
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
derp, too much pressure at a guess? I have a modified o.e cap on my pressure bleeder too.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 7th Apr 2015 at 13:16
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
If the car is driveable you can cycle the ABS on a gravel car park/grass field and it will release.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 19th May 2015 at 10:10