displaying posts 1 to 1 of 1

Author Subject: Charger oil temp sensor
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Due to some chargers failing in result of the oil being to hot I thought I would add a temp gauge so I can see when the oil is getting near 80 degrees (max safe working temperature)

Problem im having is that the in line take off for the sensor isn't deep enough to take the depth of the sensor

I phoned torques and they don't have anything that would be useful to me...

I phoned think automotive and got one of these

It turned up today but again I came across a problem... The internal diameter reduced as soon as the female thread ended, so I got my drill out and opened up the internal diameter Smile and the sensor fitted! Result lol

Or not

Due to me opening up the internal diameter the wall thickness at the male end was very thin and guess what it sheared inside the inline fitting!
So that's £20 wasted Sad

Does anyone have an idea how I can get a temp sensor hooked up to the oil outlet circuit for the supercharger??

Edit: fingers crossed Think Automotive have just been very helpful, they are supplying me a T- piece with a female end to take the probe and a male end at the other end to go into the inline fitting....
Apparently the internal bore is larger than the above fitting Thumbs up

I know everyone says how expensive Think Automotive are however they are brilliant when it comes to helping people out, they have just sent me out a £15 t- piece and a 1/8 npt blank (£4) for the part of the t-piece im not using FREE OF CHARGE

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up

Posted 31st Mar 2015 at 16:47