displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Central locking
arigti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
my Central locking doesn't work very well and I'd like to replace locks/keys etc with a working set of fobs if that is possible?
Or is there more to it than that?

Cheers

I Live for the 306 Ninja

TEAM CHERRY PINK RALLYE
2008 BMW ///M 320d
Posted 28th Mar 2015 at 14:01
Puggitt

Regular

Post #2
What about it doesn't work very well? What phase?

Electrically: the IR ones are just average as, sort range blah blah blah, the RF ones receive and operate well if it's not working then check wires and mechanisms.

Mechanically: not much goes wrong with these mechanically, eventually the micro switches to signal locks and unlocks by the key die, but that's electrical and requires a new mechanism.

But you can can change the fob with a same phase one and just swap the key blades to keep the barrels etc, but I just changed both my door and my ignition barrels the other day, only a 30min job to get it back to looking like it hadn't been touched Thumbs up
Posted 28th Mar 2015 at 19:00
arigti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Passenger door locks both doors / boot. Drivers door will lock Drivers door / boot. I'd like the fob to work as its annoying using the key all the time and the lock on the passenger door is more difficult to put key in/take out.
Phase 3 type I assume are RF as it has a solid black casing and is completely plain other than the two buttons?

I Live for the 306 Ninja

TEAM CHERRY PINK RALLYE
2008 BMW ///M 320d
Posted 28th Mar 2015 at 19:34
Puggitt

Regular

Post #4
Sounds like you'll need to replace your passenger door mechanism if it's not being driven, unless there's a broken wire in the door loom. As for the fob, I'm told they're reprogram able but I can't seem to make it work on my phase 3 HDI...
Posted 28th Mar 2015 at 23:51
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #5
if its phase 3 and you want to swap stuff you need the engine ecu, transponder unit and key fob.

the Central locking ecu on the rf system is integrated into the alarm and transponder unit.

better to figure out the specific problem I think.

so, the fob is not working at all?

what happens when you use the key?

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 29th Mar 2015 at 09:57