displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: rich w roller wishbones issue
Mossy1985

Senior User

Post #1
Guys ive got some rich w roller wishbone bushes. I got new arms and removed the standard bushes ready to fit the rich w items. The problem i have is that after i have cleaned the surfaces where the p bush goes i have 1 arm where i need to press the bush on and one arm where the bush falls on? I emry papered them both but not to excess (i dont think) if the pin on the arm is totating inside the sleeve of the p bush then when i fit them to my car surely the sleeve will wear away as the bearings wouldnt be doing anything? Im assuming the p bushes once assembled require pressing onto the pins of the arms yes? The only 2 options i see is to buy another arm and strip it (which i dont want to do), or fit the bush and then weld the end so the sleeve is attatched to the pin. The second option will work im sure but just means i would have to grind the weld off if i wanted to change the bearings in the future is this right?
Posted 24th Mar 2015 at 13:15
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
if it's a loose fit, the bit your talking about spinning can be spot welded on

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 24th Mar 2015 at 14:07
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Check with a venire gauge if bearings are same and arms are same ? I had a similar issue and found swapping the p bush to the other arm solved the prob ? or you could sleeve the arm ?

Posted 24th Mar 2015 at 14:38
Mossy1985

Senior User

Post #4
Thinking spot welding it will be easier. The welds wont be taking any stress it will be all on the bearings
Posted 24th Mar 2015 at 15:06
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
The instructions say to spot welding the insert if they move
Posted 24th Mar 2015 at 16:34
Mossy1985

Senior User

Post #6
^^^
Nice one, i bought 2nd hand so didnt have instructions thanks alot
Posted 24th Mar 2015 at 16:38