kezzer30

Junior User

Post #51
Made an insertion into the standard intake pipe
Posted 8th Apr 2015 at 14:01
kezzer30

Junior User

Post #52
So what an eventful night I ended up having , purchased a lowered car jack as I've not being able to get under the car at home on my own due to the car being so low. Was a few thing ps I wanted to look at firstly was an extremely annoying exhaust rattle , which I found out to be a nun used exhaust clamp that had being lazily left on by the old owner , I also found out why my oil temp gauge was not working and fixed it, this was due to a smashed up plug , luckily I managed to get the metal pin on so it's all working.
I also noticed that there was a small gearbox oil leak that had started , it did not take me long to find out why , the gearbox sump plug has only being tightened up to some dirt , the Dirt had started to crack and come loose , leaving the plug/screw completely loose , literally was spinning it freely with my fingers , extremely lucky as that could had fallen out at anytime over the last 4-5weeks that I've had it . Restassured it's now clean and tight .
Despite all this my main aim was to do some black mask fog lights , I picked some up today and got straight to work

Just to clarify I am aware these as fog lights are now useless , (hence removing bulbs and the little bulb holder ) this is solely for a looks thing etc . Will post some pics up tommorrow as it's too dark now etc.
Posted 8th Apr 2015 at 23:13
kezzer30

Junior User

Post #53

Quick snap before work on the new Stealth fogs looks a lot better without 2 holes in the bumper
Posted 9th Apr 2015 at 09:50
scotzman

Seasoned Pro

Post #54
Why not just fit Rallye blanks?

'90 1.6 205 GTi, '98 306 GTi-6
Posted 9th Apr 2015 at 10:29
kezzer30

Junior User

Post #55
Looks better like this Imo
Posted 9th Apr 2015 at 10:42
kezzer30

Junior User

Post #56
So done a few more bits on the gti , firstly I've fitted a piper cross viper induction kit but no pics as it's not in an optimal place just waiting on some pipe so I can sort it ,
I've fixed an oil leak from the brake vacuum and also fixed a power steering fluid leak it developed .
I've picked up a decat pipe but not yet fitted , will hopefully get that on next week .

However I have done some more bits today I took a trip to my local scrapyard and picked up a replacement wing for the one that was damaged on the trip home after purchase (see first pic of thread)
I also removed the side skirts as these were in a terrible state anyway.
So let's get some pics only had a few hours spare tonight so my aim was to get them in primer and il will paint tommorrow .

Job get the skirts off which was a pain in the arse but some swearing and a few cuts on the hands and all was well haha

Here are some pics of the damage on the skirts peeling and big scratches/grazes

Now the wing I got wasn't mint , did have a small crease but compared to the one on the car it was a lot better and nothing a touch of filler could not sort

Couple of skims and a good sand

Ready for primer

And the skirts ready for the good stuff

And finally primer will update tommorrow

Posted 15th Apr 2015 at 22:52
99rallye

Regular

Post #57
Reading your thread really makes me want to learn how to paint properly!
Posted 15th Apr 2015 at 23:51
kezzer30

Junior User

Post #58
Tbh i still have more to learn haha but I taught myself after mistakes , invested about £2000 in a big workshop/shed with a extractor and lighting compressor etc etc and I will always have a space to do odd panels and wheels etc etc
Nothing better than painting something and it looking good on the car haha
Posted 16th Apr 2015 at 00:20
kezzer30

Junior User

Post #59
All painted

Posted 16th Apr 2015 at 20:53
kezzer30

Junior User

Post #60
So tonight I had a spare hour or so , so went to my workshop and picked up the wing and gave it a light flat and buff to take out a few bits that always get in when painting etc , over results ain't to bad at all

Will give it a final buff once on the car
Posted 19th Apr 2015 at 22:40
kezzer30

Junior User

Post #61
So today I fitted the new wing and it's looking much better that before

Side skirt to sort next Smile
Posted 21st Apr 2015 at 20:12
kezzer30

Junior User

Post #62
So more updates , got the side skirts on

The one night coming home in terrible rain my wiper motor packed in but luckily trip to local scrappy and replaced in and all is well

Next up decided to paint and tidy up the alloys and also dressed the tyres

Decided to paint the side strips and spoiler gloss black due to them being faded

Spoiler came out great

Side strips look tons better in fresh paint .

These few small extras set it off quite nicely

Due to me not having the facility's to paint a rear quarter as they are not removable and my workshop won't get a car inside it etc a friend will be sorting out the only major dint on the car so will get some pics up of that in a few days
Posted 8th Jun 2015 at 00:31
kezzer30

Junior User

Post #63
So got my car back from the body shop and was very happy with the results he knows I like a good finish and he did not disappoint .
Before

After

After this I decided I needed to make the other rear quarter match as that had also being painted previously and the finish wasn't great but nowhere near as bad as the other side , so I spent 4 hours detailing just the rear quarter
So these 2 pic is when I had done above the line but not below.

Then after fully flat ting and buffing panel

Then gave it a full swirl mark removal

After all this I took it for a photoshoot

Ps I also had a sunstrip fitted also
Posted 12th Jun 2015 at 01:29
Cjwatson27

Seasoned Pro

Post #64
Thats i fine looking diablo

Old pugs don't die they just get faster
Posted 12th Jun 2015 at 02:20
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #65
Wow that looks good

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 12th Jun 2015 at 12:56
kezzer30

Junior User

Post #66
So I guess an update is required , well its been pretty much all downhill since my last update . both front wheel bearing need replacing and so does the passenger strut top . the rear quarter I got my friend to paint has sunk and actually started to crack . one side of the side strips that I painted bubbled after a extremely hot day (the side that was in the sun) probably due to it being fresh paint and they are plastic and it can happen. Then one night she decided to shred a tyre on the way home so its now sat on white 205 speedlines . Its also started filling the passenger side footwell with water due to the passenger door not been quite inline and the bottom drain hole in the door gets block by the seal and then the water comes in when it rains heavy . I also had to put the cat back on due to the car been shocking with it de-cated and the fact it was a p**s poor fit and actually ripped out of the centre section one night.
All this topped with the other things It still needed (rear beam) (heater matrix) new exhaust due to the magnex system having more holes in that a sieve, basically made me just give up , didn't want to spend another penny on her , I overpaid by along way to get her and every time I felt I taken a step forward it seemed soon a backwards step would appear .
even the strut brace I spent ages polishing (despite clear coating it ) started to rust and I took it off .

I got it into my head I would run her till her joke of an mot ran out and that would be that , but I kept myself busy by doing my 205 but even that took it toll and I left that for a few months.

So what to do , well I sat long and hard and thought I need a fresh look at her . painting her is no longer an option , the car has being painted too much in the past and unless I pay £3k plus and get it blasted and full repainted in a heated booth by pros it will always have issues cosmetically and that's a shame as I do enjoy painting.
however I have decided I will get the car wrapped , this is a great idea for this car , all be exact same shade and colour and no sinks or cracks will appear . I'm thinking high gloss black , smoothing the bonnet and grill getting them doing in an 8dm carbon effect wrap which is the best wrap they do and it looks pretty dam good I must admit , that along with the roof . in carbon. pro race 3 alloys in 15s in white , rear tints and full new exhaust system .
so that just leave her many many issues, today I tried to remove on of the bearings myself but failed its just solid , whats worse the droplink popped and the abs sensor must have got damaged on removal as now the light is on Sad.
I have 2 new bearings , new strut top which I was going to fit today but lost heart after the failed attempt at the bearing .
I was going to attempt to take the dash out In a few weeks when I have a week off and attempt at replacing the matrix .
I will keep update with this if I can replace the matrix bearings and rear beam it will spur me on .
Posted 7th Nov 2015 at 22:25
jeffers Forum Admin

Post #67
I wouldn't get disheartened about the bearing, you won't remove them without a press. My near side one had a twenty ton press on it for 6 hours at the place my mate works then he ended up heating the hub with an acetylene torch before the bearing would move! Shock

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 8th Nov 2015 at 12:19
kezzer30

Junior User

Post #68
so another update and more drama. so my mate reckoned he could remove and sort my bearings and ive known him a long time and despite me telling him what ive been told about the 306 bearings he still said he could do it . so I let him have ago , well long story short is he wrecked the hub , after he failed to fully remove them I took it to a garage and he basically told me he can do them all day long for fun as he has a 100 tonnes press! but point blankly refused to do mine due to saying the hub was dangerous and not worth a new bearing . so I threw it on his scrap pile and walked out . it had been a shambles and whats more is I was now without a car , lucky I knew a lad who lived about an hour away with a xsara vts hub with abs sensor and not long had the bearing replace before it was removed a few years previous so a late night and £25 later I had another hub .
I also had to get some gearbox oil due to loosing some when the driveshaft popped out.
so after work in the p**sing down rain as I needed the car back I spent 2 hours putting her back together and replaced the strut top and sealed the leaking Ariel , topped up the gearbox oil . and finally no more knackered bearing , not more clunky strut top and no more leaking .
plenty of cut and sore hand but the car drives a lot better now and the abs sensor worked which saved me having to replace the one I damaged
Posted 15th Nov 2015 at 00:29
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #69
Awesome read!

Do you offer painting services for others?
I would love to get the fairing panels on my bike and the fuel tank repainted at some point. Cool

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 15th Nov 2015 at 10:58
kezzer30

Junior User

Post #70
Thanks stan well l will be updating often once again , and I will probably at some point but certainly don't have the time atm .
so another update I decided to do my roof liner black which I have finished today and will put back in tomorrow.

I also have treated her to a new exhaust that came up on ebay the other day and seemed a too good an opportunity to miss , direct replacement for mine this 4 inch tip powerflow backbox and center box

and then as I said next week I will be looking to replace the rear beam and heater matrix so picked a new matrix up today aswel .

also as with me it seems there is always some drama , turned into Halfords today and the bloody gear linkages came off! typically it was the long one that sits under the exhaust manifold lucky despite some burns to add to my hands I got it popped back on , but I do have an uprated set that I purchased about 6 months ago so maybe its time to put them on haha .
Posted 16th Nov 2015 at 18:02
kezzer30

Junior User

Post #71
so a lots gone on in the last week so time for another update .
straight off the bat it was bad news , got word that the rear beam wasn't going to be ready for another few weeks due to issues so that was striked off the jobs list for the week .
so I decided to tackle the heater matrix having never done anything like it before I was praying I didn't make a complete mess of it .
well good news is after hours of stress and worry I managed to replace it and despite abit more bad luck with one of the matrix pipes having a split in it I managed to get some replacements and the car now has a fully working heating system.
I also got the new powerflow system on it and that was a pain aswel as the exhaust was suppose to be a direct fit but certainly wasn't . its on and sounds fantastic and has given the car some great torque as the old system had so many holes in it was loosing back pressure . only downside it doesn't sit straight and due to the centre pipe not fitting into the recess its sitting too low I may get it modified as its a nice exhaust .
since then ive had a few more issues turn up , the speedo dials are just being a pain in the arse as I wanted to change them to blue led lights which has cause a lot more hassle than its worth and don't even work and I got them working but not perfect so I have a new set coming through the post so all will be fine .
Brake pedal switch must have got ever so slightly disturbed and literally by 1mm wasn't taking the brake lights off but managed to adjust it and now they are working correctly .
drivers side window switch decided to go funny and would not let me put the drivers window back up , I got angry dismantled the switch down to the circuit board and actually got it working but I need a replacement haha and literally minutes before that happen the bloody passenger window decided to pop off the little clip that stops the window going skew wiff and I've now purchased a replacement off ebay .
its very much one thing fixed 2 things break atm but I'm slowly getting there and is a different car to the shed I purchased 9 months ago
Posted 29th Nov 2015 at 15:53

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]