displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: Help! Strut tops
orta

Senior User

Post #1
Hi all,

Car is in garage today to get lows fitted, but I suppose it'll teach me to buy second hand parts but the strut tops have been sheered off the avo springs that came with my b8s.

So I've tried my usual eBaying but can't seem to find anything that looks similar. Is this something you can actually buy or am I gonna have to get all new springs? And if u can buy them am I used the correct name? And where can I get them?!

Thought just occurred to me as well that would the standard strut tops fit the avo springs? Cheers all

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

||B8s||60-70mm drop||Black Partner Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Refurbed Beam||Hybrid ARB||VTS Torsion Bar||
Posted 10th Mar 2015 at 09:13
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
that looks a right lashup, those top mounts wont work with b8's as they use standard diameter springs

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 10th Mar 2015 at 09:36
orta

Senior User

Post #3
They were atop some springs that were on the b8s so that's maybe why they had to be bodged coz they don't fit haha.

So any idea where I can source sum?

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

||B8s||60-70mm drop||Black Partner Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Refurbed Beam||Hybrid ARB||VTS Torsion Bar||
Posted 10th Mar 2015 at 10:01
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
you need standard top mounts.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 10th Mar 2015 at 10:08
orta

Senior User

Post #5
Cheers welshy

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

Posted 11th Mar 2015 at 11:00
Mossy1985

Senior User

Post #6
SKR top mounts from ECP are about 45 a pair all in and even if you needed top spring cups from pug they are 11 quid for the big one and 5 quid for the smaller one so not too bad
Posted 11th Mar 2015 at 14:17
MisterGTR

Senior User

Post #7
Use Tweet5 on ECP to get 5% off. I just bought the SKF top mounts for under £40 delivered. Added to my long list of parts i'll one day get round to fitting to my car...one day!

Turned 40 and in true cliched fashion buying one of the cars of my teenage dreams!
Posted 11th Mar 2015 at 14:36