displaying posts 26 to 45 of 45

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Rear window and seal
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
quote:

Can anyone help with the other question - is the glass just held in there with some black stuff squirted in there directly between the metal and the glass, so can I clean out the tailgate glass aperture down to bare metal prior to getting it painted?

With reference to this

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
Posted 8th Aug 2016 at 22:24
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
mocinim wrote:
Take all the old sealent out n replace with new fresh sealent i would of thought and if that seal pictured above is required i would of thought the glass rests on it as the outer seal and the sealent goes inside im not positive mind but seems sensible also goo/ spare sealent could ooze out whilst fitting if its not in place

Is a guess but based on the rubber seal in my ph3 under the glass is definately rubber not goo

Also pretty sure thats a phase 1/2 phase diagram ph3 has no bottom lip (item 3 )

I agree there seems to be some kind of rubber lip visible in the aperture _under_ the glass (see pic below), which is not shown in the parts diagram. But the 8745 48 part seems to fit on top of the glass. Maybe I should take a close look at the new glass and see if there is anything stuck to it. Or maybe they are using the old P2 parts diagram to signify a different part? I've asked the parts guy to confirm that it is definitely required or not for my chassis no.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 8th Aug 2016 at 22:30
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
mik wrote:
mocinim wrote:
Take all the old sealent out n replace with new fresh sealent i would of thought and if that seal pictured above is required i would of thought the glass rests on it as the outer seal and the sealent goes inside im not positive mind but seems sensible also goo/ spare sealent could ooze out whilst fitting if its not in place

Is a guess but based on the rubber seal in my ph3 under the glass is definately rubber not goo

Also pretty sure thats a phase 1/2 phase diagram ph3 has no bottom lip (item 3 )

I agree there seems to be some kind of rubber lip visible in the aperture _under_ the glass (see pic below), which is not shown in the parts diagram. But the 8745 48 part seems to fit on top of the glass. Maybe I should take a close look at the new glass and see if there is anything stuck to it. Or maybe they are using the old P2 parts diagram to signify a different part? I've asked the parts guy to confirm that it is definitely required or not for my chassis no.

Thats the one its definately rubber i can see the surface is very slightly perished on mine have to look really close though

mocinim has attached the following image:

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

Posted 8th Aug 2016 at 22:36
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
The dealer parts guy doesn't think I need it now and suggests I ask a glass company as they will have the necessary kit to install a bonded screen.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 10th Aug 2016 at 21:03
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
Ok so I changed my mind and decided to get the tailgate glass moulding/trim piece. See photos - it looks as though it has a recess for the glass, so looks as though the edge of the glass would be covered by the trim as per a Phase 2 rear window. The thing is, my car has a Phase 3 tailgate with the exposed edges of the glass (and has had since new according to servicebox).

However, this is the part shown on the parts diagram for the Phase 3 tailgate which I have on my car (which has different glass and trim part numbers from the Phase 2 tailgate).

The part number (8745 48 - see pic below) matches the one on the parts diagram shown on page 1 of this thread that I have previously checked and it comes up with my VIN. At least the new glass I have is from the same parts diagram (8744 L9).

No idea what this means.

Welshpug you said in a post above, the notes for the part said "until RPO XXXX". But there is no alternative shown.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 7th Feb 2017 at 17:49
Joep

Regular

Post #31
I think there are phase 2.5 models. My GTI6 is one. Boot was phase 3 with phase 2 wiper and the trim in the picture above. I have changed the boot for a phase 3 one as I think it looks better and is not so prone to develop rust underneath the rear window.

My car park:
'96 Sigma Blue XSi6
'98 Diablo Red GTi6
'99 Onyx Black S16

All RFS powered!

Plus various other Peugeots
Posted 7th Feb 2017 at 18:37
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
The diagram in this thread is ph2
Is the vin in your original rear window correct for the car

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

Posted 7th Feb 2017 at 20:49
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
See post #2 and above - the part nos on the diagram are Ph 3. Some time ago I checked on here with someone with a Rallye with a Ph 2 tailgate and the part no for the tailgate and the glass were different. Have checked them several times. Yes the correct VIN is on my glass.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 8th Feb 2017 at 07:07
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
mik wrote:
See post #2 and above - the part nos on the diagram are Ph 3. Some time ago I checked on here with someone with a Rallye with a Ph 2 tailgate and the part no for the tailgate and the glass were different. Have checked them several times. Yes the correct VIN is on my glass.

Maybe 2.5 in some cases but not ph3
Ph3 doesnt have various trims that are shown and has no outer seal
Rallye s where made between 2 and 3 both my rallyes are ph3 tailgate but the red rallye tailgate i sold a month back was as the diagram phase 2 style but still had no bottom trim but did have the window seal that diagram appears to be ph1 almost or a mixture of all three
Ph3 tail gate has two spoiler mounting screws ph2 has 4 mounting nuts

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

Posted 8th Feb 2017 at 07:30
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
If you have a Ph 3 have a look on servicebox using your VIN and you will see what I mean. Sometimes manufacturers use pre-facelift diagrams and only change the parts nos which can be confusing.

My VIN produces the same part nos as a car from March 2000 which is a bit late for Ph2.5 (see quote from post #2 below).

GTi6-PJL wrote:
Here's a screen grab of the details for the tailgate on my Ph3 - hopefully this helps (Car was built March 2000).

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 8th Feb 2017 at 08:33
Joep

Regular

Post #36
Just checked... For a phase 2.5 it displays a phase 1 tailgate. My car had the original tailgate still fitted and in contrast to what servicebox tells me, it did not have the trim at the bottom of the tailgate.

It did have the moulding around the rear window.

My car park:
'96 Sigma Blue XSi6
'98 Diablo Red GTi6
'99 Onyx Black S16

All RFS powered!

Plus various other Peugeots
Posted 8th Feb 2017 at 14:07
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #37
Count how many nut fixings you have for the spoiler should be four
Yhe dia in this thread shows two washers making me think it is ph3 dia (poor show pug )

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

Posted 8th Feb 2017 at 15:40
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #38
Still trying to work this out but I can't get into my servicebox account at all.

Can someone with access to servicebox please tell me what is the part number for Phase 2 rear window glass and whether the trim/moulding around it is 8745 48 or a different part number?

Many thanks.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 21st Feb 2017 at 14:01
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #39
mik wrote:
Still trying to work this out but I can't get into my servicebox account at all.

Can someone with access to servicebox please tell me what is the part number for Phase 2 rear window glass and whether the trim/moulding around it is 8745 48 or a different part number?

Many thanks.

Call your local pug garage mate they will tell you

Any good auto glass company will sort this with one phone call chap !!!

Quote::
Welshpug you said in a post above, the notes for the part said "until RPO XXXX". But there is no alternative shown.

Then this part does not work with cars beyond the given date e.g ph2.5 and ph3 dont have this seal

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

Posted 21st Feb 2017 at 16:50
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #40
just an anomaly in the listings, it happens now and then unfortunately.

ph3 never had the trim on the glass.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 21st Feb 2017 at 17:20
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #41
Ben W very kindly sent me the Phase 2 illustration for me to compare with the Phase 3 version found on page 1 of this thread:

Please note, the glass part number is different (Ph2 is 8744 97, Ph3 is 8744 L9), but the Phase 2 seal/trim is the same part number 8745 48 in both illustrations, showing that it is in fact a Phase 2 item and the Phase 3 diagram part number is incorrect and cannot be used with the Phase 3 glass I have obtained. It fits around and over the edge of the glass, which is incorrect for a Phase 3 rear window, which has the glass edge visible.

Also, a lot of people on here say "it is just a trim, it is not a seal". However, from my examination it is more than just a cosmetic trim - it goes under the glass presumably being bonded to the hatch metalwork, and the glass fits into the groove all the way around (see my pics above), and thus appears to be the only thing holding the glass in place. While the same part number, it is named the "Tailgate Glass Moulding" in the Phase 3 diagram, and simply the "Window Cover" in the Phase 2 diagram.

Hopefully this info might assist others in the future. It means I can return the 8745 48 part as it is not for my car.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 7th Mar 2017 at 20:43
scotzman

Seasoned Pro

Post #42
I don't know which phase you are talking about when you say its not just a trim but on a phase 2 it is certainly just a trim piece, it can be removed and refitted as I have done myself.

'90 1.6 205 GTi, '98 306 GTi-6
Posted 7th Mar 2017 at 21:42
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #43
yeah, they're only stuck if the fitter has used a bit too much bonding gloop.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 7th Mar 2017 at 22:00
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #44
scotzman wrote:
I don't know which phase you are talking about when you say its not just a trim but on a phase 2 it is certainly just a trim piece, it can be removed and refitted as I have done myself.

You mean part no 8745 48 in the servicebox diagram and my photos above? Am I incorrect in assuming this is what attaches the window to the car or is the glass bonded directly and this installed later? Having handled the part when it was delivered (see pics above), it looks as though part of it fits right under the glass - doesn't look removable to me, but I could be wrong as I've never owned a car with a Ph2 tailgate.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 8th Mar 2017 at 18:59
scotzman

Seasoned Pro

Post #45
Yep, the window is bonded then the trim fitted later.

'90 1.6 205 GTi, '98 306 GTi-6
Posted 8th Mar 2017 at 19:28

Pages (2): 1 [2]