displaying posts 1 to 11 of 11

Author Subject: Windscreen top runner
cornish_pug

Regular

Post #1
My windscreen rubber has been poping off lately and every time it does it rips the corners.
So got a new seal but accidentally pulled off the top runner with it, now it won't go back in properly. What's the best way to do this?

Team Diesel
Posted 4th Mar 2015 at 17:33
cornish_pug

Regular

Post #2
Bump

cornish_pug has attached the following image:

Team Diesel
Posted 5th Mar 2015 at 13:02
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
I replaced mine when I had a new screen fitted, can't really say if it's possible to do with the screen in place tho
Posted 5th Mar 2015 at 13:40
Nose

Senior User

Post #4
Having my windscreen replaced at the weekend - well, having it taken out and replaced after paintwork has been done - is this something that should be changed then guys, and which part number are we looking at in the image?

thanks Thumbs up

Bianca 306 Rallye.
Mondeo Titanium X.
Posted 20th May 2015 at 13:51
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
National windscreens replaced mine for an extra £10
Posted 20th May 2015 at 16:08
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Now we are talking about something I know lots about ...21years fitting glass gents ...that doesn't automatically mean I'm any good though...
I also cut most plate glass & float glass & sometimes cut curved front Laminated windscreens down for custom cars etc !!!
Right here is what I always advise on anything with a clipped outer finishing trim !
You should always prime up the edge of all laminated W/Screens full stop 99% don't & that's why water gets between the three layers & white marks show through the glass normally in the bottom corners where water collects ...The middle layer called PVB doesn't like water !!!
Anyway to answer your question once the edge is primed with liquid Urethane on the glass ...let dry & use thin narrow double sided tape to stick to the Edge of the top of glass ...push Top plastic u shaped edge rail onto Top edge of the glass give gentle push to contact both Thumbs up
Push outside goalpost trim onto the top trim & make sure it's 100% equal left to right ...then tape uprights into middle of the W/S
Glue body up with higher than normal v bead ...fit glass & push upright trims onto sides ....(never) ever use silicon on anything anywhere as it rusts anything if paints not 100% ...fit scuttle panel over bottom of edges both sides ..Thumbs up
You can put a couple dabs of Urethane on each bottom corners but prime up body & trim before to get good key !!!

Problem is most Glaziers are inexperienced or just can't be bothered & National Windscreens / Mobile Windscreens don't have a great name in our world ...but they are bloody cheap ...possible the cheapest ...PS they do have good guys working for them ..but they are normally guys trained else where AutoWindscreen or Autoglass or AA glass or Silvershield now gone

Also sorry I don't do Jobs on the side but will always help & advise anyone Thumbs up
Also that top clip over trim is a sod to get back on if the Glass has been pushed tight to the body & built in height body spacers ....DONT use Silicon its oil based !!!!
It's every W/s glaziers nightmare Thumbs down
Posted 20th May 2015 at 19:06
Nose

Senior User

Post #7
Bloody 'ell Damien - now that's an reply LOL

Bianca 306 Rallye.
Mondeo Titanium X.
Posted 21st May 2015 at 08:22
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Nose wrote:
Bloody 'ell Damien - now that's an reply LOL

Paul you can look a right burk on here if you buy ...As I did ...bodies & ordered everything wrong Thumbs down ...
If you say the completely wrong thing you will be swiftly corrected & pointed out to you !!!

So this is something I'm bloody good at Whistle
Or I think I am LOL
Posted 21st May 2015 at 20:36
Nose

Senior User

Post #9
Bit of an update, AUTOGLASS turned up yesterday to take my old screen out (as above - i'll be having the new one fitted after the paint work is done) and my new screen will have a new surround and the 'runner' as above - numbers 2 and 3. The fitter chap had them both in the vanThumbs up

Bianca 306 Rallye.
Mondeo Titanium X.
Posted 24th May 2015 at 21:14
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #10
if you buy number 1, you get 2 and 4 in the package Smile

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 24th May 2015 at 21:15
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
Nose wrote:
Bit of an update, AUTOGLASS turned up yesterday to take my old screen out (as above - i'll be having the new one fitted after the paint work is done) and my new screen will have a new surround and the 'runner' as above - numbers 2 and 3. The fitter chap had them both in the vanThumbs up

Nobody including Autoglass use genuine trims or glass & the copy trims don't fit as good & The ones I've seen don't cover the old dirt / paint line as well ???
The copy ones 100% need TLC as I've said above or at motorway & especially track speeds they work loose !!!
Make sure he dry fits it first & your happy with it .....Thumbs up

I have a Autoglass / Laddaws trim & glass ....they all buy off laddaws....
I have made mine look as good as the Original ...but I knew what to do few dabs of Ureathane in top corners & bottom corners & double side tape to plastic top trim...
Then fit the Inner trim after priming all around W/S & push trim after lighty in to set it to shape & masking tape down top rounded corners for 3-4 hrs for bond to set on trim Whistle
Posted 24th May 2015 at 22:39