displaying posts 26 to 35 of 35

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: rich w wishbone bush replacement
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
Didn't I sort you out with some new lemorder arms dude ?
Posted 6th Mar 2015 at 22:03
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
I've gone with vibratechnic p bushes as I'm not keen on roller bearing. I also have grp n front bushes
Posted 6th Mar 2015 at 22:05
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
i run vibra pbush i think they are spot on

Posted 6th Mar 2015 at 22:14
Mossy1985

Senior User

Post #29
Yea Chris you did. I looked at the vibra ones but couldnt find enough reviews so wemt for a set of richs
Posted 6th Mar 2015 at 22:24
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
I got a pair of vibratechnics off the bay at a good price. They look very well made in my opinion and not too much rubber to go to s**te.

I've tried roller bearings, group n and power flex as well as oe. I don't pay much attention to opinions on things as they are like arse holes - everyone has one.

Posted 6th Mar 2015 at 22:41
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
Mossy1985 wrote:
Yea Chris you did. I looked at the vibra ones but couldnt find enough reviews so wemt for a set of richs

Have you got the washers that go either side of the front bearings when they go into the subframe ?
Posted 6th Mar 2015 at 22:45
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
rich_w wrote:
aaron6 wrote:
With regards to changing the bearings, take them out, measure them up and go to a supplier and buy them. It'll be pretty cheap. I also don't understand the need for open bearings and greasing them. It just allows road grime to get in. Why don't people replace with ZZ steel covered or RS rubber sealed bearings?

The bearings are sealed...
Oh right. Only reason I said they wasn't is that the ones I've seen appear to have grease leaking out of the P bush housing. If they are sealed, what the point in the grease nipples if you don't mind me asking Rich? Or are they open bearings with a seal against either end? And if that is the case, could ZZ or RS closed bearings not be used and also do away with the need for greasing?

See the sheer power and might of the lesser known burrowing owl.

Posted 7th Mar 2015 at 09:12
Mossy1985

Senior User

Post #33
bigbadbowen wrote:
Mossy1985 wrote:

Have you got the washers that go either side of the front bearings when they go into the subframe ?

No i dont think i do actually now you mention it. Basically i have a used set of wishbones that i need to remove the rich w items from and then i have a set of replacement bearings to overhaul them before fitting to the arms you supplied me. I will have to get some washers then. Why would you ask this Chris?
Posted 7th Mar 2015 at 09:16
rich_w

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
aaron6 wrote:
rich_w wrote:
aaron6 wrote:
With regards to changing the bearings, take them out, measure them up and go to a supplier and buy them. It'll be pretty cheap. I also don't understand the need for open bearings and greasing them. It just allows road grime to get in. Why don't people replace with ZZ steel covered or RS rubber sealed bearings?

The bearings are sealed...
Oh right. Only reason I said they wasn't is that the ones I've seen appear to have grease leaking out of the P bush housing. If they are sealed, what the point in the grease nipples if you don't mind me asking Rich? Or are they open bearings with a seal against either end? And if that is the case, could ZZ or RS closed bearings not be used and also do away with the need for greasing?

The front bearings are 2RS - sealed both sides.

The bearings on the rear P bushes are 1RS - only a seal on one side (the outside).

This is so the cavity between the two bearings can be filled with grease via the grease nipples, and fresh grease purged through the bearings.

If they were completely sealed, and no grease nipples they wouldn't last long.

That is because needle roller bearings can't store much grease (unlike deep groove ball bearings), and they are working in quite severe conditions, so it's best to be able to keep the grease fresh and topped up Smile

Contact Details:

rich@lynxpowerengineering.co.uk
07732 822546

Posted 7th Mar 2015 at 15:43
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
Fair enough. I guess the ones I've seen the 1rs bearing must have let by the seals as they were a bit of a mess.

See the sheer power and might of the lesser known burrowing owl.

Posted 9th Mar 2015 at 20:17

Pages (2): 1 [2]