displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Bitron failure
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Got to love the bitron unit on a 6 - had one fail today for no reason what so ever ? Not wet or corroded ?? Just fecked although it was raining Dunno tell tail red stop light on dimly and fans going flat out !

Front end off to swap it over Yes

Was changing a hub anyway as bearing failed - fix something then something else goes Angry

Old french cars - love em Crazy Love
Posted 28th Feb 2015 at 20:22
oldbrownshoe

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I have a friend who wrote the logic of the unit on Arduino and connected it in parallel to few vehicles,
he can now define the temperature in which the fans start to blow, and the cost is neglectable,
he even published the code for free.

French military victories?
Did you mean French military defeats?
Posted 1st Mar 2015 at 15:10
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Why did you need to take the front end off? Its just arch liners off on that side and you can get to it from underneath?
Brownshoe, i lowered my cut in speed before i went aftermarket with a variable pot inline of the feed to the coolant sensor. Could lower it to kick in anywhere from standard to about 65 degrees. Any less and it decided there was a fault and went full speed. And its simple to change. Just turn a knob!
Posted 1st Mar 2015 at 16:59
oldbrownshoe

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
I'm talking about implementing any logic that you like, just by writing code.
if the bitron unit control also the aircon unit by switching the fans when it's on then
you can't achieve that with pot.

French military victories?
Did you mean French military defeats?
Posted 1st Mar 2015 at 18:49
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
No you can't and in which case, your friends method is probably the best value for money and ease but if all you want to do is alter the temp that the fans kick in at, a pot is ideal. 5 Minutes of soldering and job jobbed.
Posted 1st Mar 2015 at 19:01