displaying posts 1 to 10 of 10

Author Subject: Phase 1 Sigma 306 DT
ash j

Regular

Post #1
Hi guys

Just thought I would put a post up on behalf of my brother.

He has a 3 door Phase 1 Sigma D-Turbo which is going to the scrap this week/weekend (it was my old car years back).

It has a fair few marks/dings/scratches on the bodywork.

MOT until about October time from memory.

Set of Cyclone wheels fitted.

Drivers seat base is broken and seat moves all over the place.

Passenger side footwell collects water when it's raining, suspect a crappy seal, don't know.

He was going to run the car until MOT run out, however just recently a hose which goes to the turbo has popped off and therefore made it almost undriveable apparently as there is no turbo power.

It is an absolute bugger to start from cold since this pipe has come off, and when it eventually does kick over, puts out a lot of smoke.

He simply can't be bothered getting behind the engine to put the pipe back on, and has already sorted himself another car.

He will be getting £110 from scrap when he drives it down there either sometime the end of this week or this weekend.

Just thought I would put it on here to see if someone wanted it for say £150 either to fix and run as a cheap daily for a while or to break themselves for parts.

It isn't insured, and due to new tax rules I guess doesn't have any tax, but does have MOT for a while.

Anyway, if you or anyone you know is interested then let me know, otherwise it will be getting killed this weekend.

Cheers Thumbs up
Posted 24th Feb 2015 at 16:49
silky

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Any photos?
Posted 24th Feb 2015 at 21:39
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Surely it's got to be £110 for us guys as well Smile

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 24th Feb 2015 at 21:51
ash j

Regular

Post #4
Only pics I have at the moment are the few I've posted on here... http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=29395

I should be getting some better ones from him tomorrow.

Not my car Jimmy, but even at £150 it's cheap for someone who might break it for parts, or even if someone can fix it themselves a cheap daily even if only used until MOT expiry.

It has a fairly decent set of cyclones, which should fetch £60-80 minimum with tyres, and then the rear beam, which although is drum, was a really good low-mile one bought from Colin (Pug Performance) around 12 months ago with no issues, so that should see maybe £40-50.

Either way, come Saturday (3 days away) it will be at the scrappy.

Cheers

Posted 24th Feb 2015 at 23:02
luke89

Regular

Post #5
Ah crap I would have had this next week. Long way away,would it make the drive?
Posted 25th Feb 2015 at 09:43
gilesy

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Sounds like it wont, broken driver seat, busted hose, smoke...then you'd have to tax it and drive it back.
And for £40 more than the scrappy will give 😉
Posted 25th Feb 2015 at 09:58
ash j

Regular

Post #7
It only smokes on startup from cold, lets out a gush of smoke and then nothing when driving.

Not entirely sure on tax and how the new rules work.

Driver seat is broken but not to the point it cant be driven. It just moves if you put a lot of pressure on it, and then it stays in a fixed broken position where it leans to one side. Unless you man handle it back into position. Can't remember if you can slide it forward/back or not.

Only know all this as I had to borrow it for a few days back in Jan when my car was off the road.

He drove it all the way back from Coventry with the pipe/hose off and like it is now, as it went whilst he was up there for a weekend.

But it would probably be a lot of hassle for someone as far away as Manchester. He would probably keep it if someone wants it, but he does want rid of it from the road ultimately, and he can only get down the scrappy on a weekend. So it's probably easier just to go to scrappy, instead of somebody saying they want it next week or something, then decide they can't make it and it sits on the side of the road for ages.
Posted 25th Feb 2015 at 10:09
luke89

Regular

Post #8
Just I have a gti 6 drivers seat sat here doing nowt,could be a cheap runaround after getting the hose back on.
Posted 25th Feb 2015 at 12:03
ash j

Regular

Post #9
By all means if someone is interested in it then yeah could be cheap runaround.

Forgot to say the clutch cable squeaks when pushed in and out, annoying sound.

And would need to check what MOT advisories there are from last MOT if someone is generally interested as a potential runaround?
Posted 25th Feb 2015 at 12:07
luke89

Regular

Post #10
If you could PM me some more info mate,just the MOT advisory stuff. I'm working in Southampton the end of next week you see so I'd be in the area anyway. Whats tax cost on a D-tub?
Posted 25th Feb 2015 at 12:10