displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: advice on renewing engine mounts
Mossy1985

Senior User

Post #1
I'm going to be doing an engine and gearbox transplant in the next few months and am looking at parts i may as well replace while I'm amongst it. Items such as clutch cable etc that are known to fail over time. My question is, whilst I'm swapping the engine/gearbox would it be worthwhile changing the mounts? If so do I stay standard? Or go uprated? Car is going to be 99% road use so don't no if uprated ones would be too much? I did have ES mounts in my ep3 so don't mind living with vibrations. Any advice welcomed

Cheers

Dave
Posted 31st Jan 2015 at 19:15
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
standard genuine peugeot/citroen mounts will suffice, they are far better than people given them credit for as most have only experienced 10-15 year old ones, or even 20 year old for the S16 by now

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 31st Jan 2015 at 19:51
Mossy1985

Senior User

Post #3
Cheers Welshy I thought standard items would be good enough. Knowing my luck they will now be nla Smile
Posted 31st Jan 2015 at 19:57
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
not at all, they're still used on a lot of things within the past ten years on more recent vehicles.

I've driven and been in cars with solid mounts and they don't add enough over a good standard set to live with the vibrations, I only have the lower one on my 205 because of the 4 branch manifold, if it wasn't for that it would be a standard one!

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 31st Jan 2015 at 20:19
Mossy1985

Senior User

Post #5
OK mate thanks alot Thumbs up
Posted 31st Jan 2015 at 20:21