displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: 12v to relay
pete-gti

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Just wondering if I'm using write fuse from my 12v live to my relay to operate the Bosch pump

I have 30 amp fuse in the 12v and 30 amp in the relay itself this ok ?

Just been bugging me that's all Smile
Posted 27th Jan 2015 at 17:56
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Do you mean a 30A fuse on the switched live that tells the relay to close (turn on), or a 30A fuse in line before the relay that then goes on to power the pump once the relay is turned on?

If the first scenario i'd guess it's a bit butch for such a job of just powering the coil in the relay. I'm by no mean an expert at it but i tend to use 1A fuses if the sole purpose is to activate a relay.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 27th Jan 2015 at 18:04
pete-gti

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Yea before the relay , 12v power in
Posted 27th Jan 2015 at 18:31
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #4

Thats how i'd do it. Thought it would be easier to crack out a paint sketch than try and explain in writing. Hope it makes sense. If you have a battery cut-off switch then use the opposite side of the battery for the battery live.
I can't remember the best place to use for the switched live source, i'm sure you could use the live from the standard pump but I seem to remember that that isn't recommended on here for whatever reason.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 27th Jan 2015 at 19:02