displaying posts 1 to 12 of 12

Author Subject: Exhaust fitting kit?
luke89

Regular

Post #1
Hi folks,

The exhaust on my car is a pretty much brand new standard unit, but sadly it isn't OEM and is the cylindrical shape not a pressed box.

I am going to get a klarius unit but keep seeing exhaust fitting kits coming up on ebay.I haven't looked into how the exhaust is fitted on my car but I'm guessing I will need a donut gasket and some other odds and ends.

Are these ebay fitting kits any good or am I better getting the bits separately?

Cheers.
Posted 24th Jan 2015 at 01:44
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
best getting the kit from a dealer.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 24th Jan 2015 at 07:53
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
You don't need a fitting kit unless you are removing the cat

Ryan
Posted 24th Jan 2015 at 12:55
luke89

Regular

Post #4
I'd be replacing the mid pipe and back box.I also want to get the heat shield off so I can fit some new gear pivot bushes.
Posted 24th Jan 2015 at 13:44
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Might as well ring a dealer for a price. If your local is too far or won't post Warners Peugeot in Tewkesbury will post and are pretty helpful and useful. Think WP recommended them to me in the past and I've used them to post things and have been really happy with their service.

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 24th Jan 2015 at 14:13
luke89

Regular

Post #6
Will I need one retro if all I'm doing is changing it cat-back.
Posted 24th Jan 2015 at 14:15
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Oh, sorry no the fitting kit is for re-fitting the cat.

If you are swapping exhaust bits I highly recommend using new exhaust clamps though. Makes refitting way easier and better-done, plus for any future work it comes apart very easily.

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 24th Jan 2015 at 14:17
rikky 🦔

Post #8
i've used loads of pattern parts from Andrew Page and ECP, never had an issue. only time i got a genuine one was for my S16 engine where the fire ring was different so was a pain to get the right one i believe

new exhaust clamps are a good shout, although i've reused them in the past fine

just make sure the cat fits the centre the same way. some are sleeve fitment like magnex so you'd need the magnex decat or to chop/weld them together

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 24th Jan 2015 at 14:23
luke89

Regular

Post #9
The exhaust on the car is just a pattern part(euroflo) but has only been on the car for about 9 months so clamps etc should be fine.

The plan is to change the gear stick pivot,exhaust and clutch cable all whilst the car is in the air....on rikkys drive...
Posted 24th Jan 2015 at 14:44
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #10
I've bought Mikalor clamps for my Magnex to try and get a decent clamp around the joints.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 24th Jan 2015 at 14:46
    rikky 🦔

Post #11
    luke89 wrote:
    The plan is to change the gear stick pivot,exhaust and clutch cable all whilst the car is in the air....on rikkys drive...

LOL all simple jobs, shouldn't take long really! not done the pivot bush myself with it in place - did my 205 one with the engine and subframe out but can't be difficult

as said this weekend's a no-go, and all my tools are here so really it would need to be here to do it rather than me loading random stuff into my car

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
    306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
    gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
    winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
    Posted 24th Jan 2015 at 14:51
    luke89

Regular

Post #12
    Haha I was only joking mate don't worry although any help would be awesome. My family home is in Blackpool and I don't have a garage or driveway here in Manchester so only have my little back up tool kit.If you're free over the next few weeks and fancy some tinkering the car is now driveable so I can come drive over.

I'm talking about the little pivot bushes on the bottom of the stick itself but if theres anything else you think should be done at the same time I'll get ordering some parts.
    Posted 24th Jan 2015 at 15:58