displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Online Car Tax: Retarded
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
So i want to tax a car online and it requests the 12 digit number from the V5C/2W New Keepers form.

On the site it shows you where the number is located and gives an example 12 digit number.

On my form the number is 11 digits.

Can i find a way to contact anyone at the DVLA about this? No...

I can however send an email request for an email address so that i can email them...

Am i having a bad dream or is this really the most retarded system known to mankind?!

Anyone had this problem before and has a number i can call for someone that might actually be abloe to help?

Cheers

Just Drive It
Posted 16th Jan 2015 at 11:22
rikky 🦔

Post #2
ring dvla, when on hold just keep pressing 9 and it'll put you through to the idiots section where you speak to someone immediately

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 16th Jan 2015 at 11:25
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #3
You're doing it wrong.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 16th Jan 2015 at 11:33
    rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
    rikky wrote:
    ring dvla, when on hold just keep pressing 9 and it'll put you through to the idiots section where you speak to someone immediately

LOL Been down this road before have you mate? ;-)

Cheers though, i was tring to force my way throught o the idiots are but kept cutting me off. Will try the 999 approach

Just Drive It
    Posted 16th Jan 2015 at 11:34
    rikky 🦔

Post #5
    i do it all the time now, never bother waiting. that said it's been a few months since i rang them thankfully

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
    306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
    gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
    winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
    Posted 16th Jan 2015 at 11:37