• Service history unknown
  • Cambelt changed: Oct 2014

Modifications: None

displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: 1993 Peugeot 205 gti
matty_rallye

Senior User

Post #1
Thought id try selling this on here before putting back on ebay!

For sale I have a 1993 Sorrento Green Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI non sunroof. The car has covered 130500 miles and has only had 4 owners from new!! Just been MOT'd at the start of november.

The car is completely standard as it left the factory. It has PAS, central locking and electric windows (all working).

I took this car on from a friend recently. It had unfortunatly lost oil pressure and the bottom end was knocking quite badly. Having only recently having had the head gasket replaced he had given up with it and offered it my way!

Myself and a mate (former Peugeot Master tech) took the car on as a project. We sourced a 122k mile engine from a member of online club and set about replacing the old unit. The new engine was built up with new timing belt (was promised it had just been changed but didnt want to chance it) new inlet, exhaust manifold gaskets, new distributor seal (after MOT advisory of oil leak). We replaced the spark plugs, HT leads, oil and fuel filters. Clutch was checked and was fine. Coolant was changed, fresh engine oil and PAS fluid. The engine runs beautifully, no knocks or bangs, no smoke and had good oil pressure. It revs and idles very cleanly.

I have invoices for all parts we have replaced.

There is not a single dent on any of the panels on the car. Its completely straight. As you can see the paintwork is in very good condition. There some blemishes in the laquer (i have shown part of in a pic) and a very small bit of bubbing in one area however for a 21 year old car it is very shiny and clean and there is no excessive laquer peel like you see on many.

The interior is also in good condition. There is wear to the drivers seat as i have again shown in the pictures (relative to age and milage). But that aside it cleans up very well. There are no holes in the floor carpets and no cracks in the dash.

Other than what we have done we could see that the car has 3 nearly new and 1 not even half worn tyres. The exhaust from the cat back looks fairly recent, as does the battery. All of the window glasses look original, the boot floor is flat (no signs of rear impact) and it even appears to have the original peugeot number plate on the rear!!

There were only 3 advisory notes on the MOT, oil leak (suspect dizzy seal replaced), 50% of o.s.r sidelight working (bulCool and slight exhaust blow.

Car has 3 keys, one for the door locks, one for the fuel cap and one for the ignition.

Bad points:-

-Unfortunately I did not get any service history with the car. However having just changed, oil, oil filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, HT leads and cambelt it will be ok from a servicing point of view for a while!

-The oil pressure gauge works 90% of the time however it every now and again it will sometimes stop (tapping the side of the instrument cluster usually gets it working again so not a concern but something i should mention)

-No stereo fitted, whoever buys can put what they want in.

-N/S driving light could do with replacement as doesnt work and corroded inside.

-Tailgate struts are a little weak, dont hold the tailgate open very well!

-Purge canister case corroded. Doesn't affect running or emmisions but you can here the purge valve when engine is running sometimes. Could do with being removed / bypassing.

Overall this is a lovely car, and to be honest I am really tempted to hang onto it but I own another slightly non essential Peugeot so it needs to go!

Please be aware this is a 21 year old car, it is not a in concourse condition, but is in my opinion in very good overall condition.

Currently having camshaft seal and rocker cover replaced due to an oil leak developing. This will be sorted by early next week!

£2000 no offers!

2.1 16v 306 Rallye.
Posted 9th Jan 2015 at 13:50
matty_rallye

Senior User

Post #2
Bump!

2.1 16v 306 Rallye.
Posted 12th Jan 2015 at 13:18
matty_rallye

Senior User

Post #3
Bump.

Cam seal and rocker gasket done. Ready to go.

Will probably end up on ebay next week if no interest

2.1 16v 306 Rallye.
Posted 16th Jan 2015 at 08:22
allye

Regular

Post #4
Any pictures of the bay Matt?

205 Van SC'd GTI6 - because why not
309 Goodwood V6 - sold
205 Rallye GTI6 - Bent
Posted 16th Jan 2015 at 09:04
matty_rallye

Senior User

Post #5
Yea a few

Took a couple whilst replacing the cam seal, before replacement and clean!

2.1 16v 306 Rallye.
Posted 16th Jan 2015 at 11:44