displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: 310mm Bells & Rotors Dimensions
osm2121

Regular

Post #1
I´ve found someone that can make the discs and bells for me, in Brasil, and I need a little help for this Whistle
I need to know some measures for it. Does someone has the measures of the bell and rotor of this 310mm setup?

Im fitting 406 Brembos, with 17" wheels with ET 31. With 288x28 discs, that have a total height of 34,5mm, I have to use 18mm spacers, so that the caliper dont hit the inner face of the wheel spokes, and that would be 6mm wider than standard. I would like to go with a total height of 45mm aprox, to use 12mm spacers and still have some clearence.

For that, Im planning on going with a set of 310mm bells and rotors, and would like to know how far inside I can move the whole assembly, and what things or dimensions do I have to look after so that I can do that. For example, if I go with 45mm total height, I´d be moving in the disc about 10mm, where can the disc hit the hub? Or I can go that far clearly? Maybe hits the balljoint? What would be the minimum inner diameter of the disc I´d need to get clear of everything as I go 10mm in. And what is the minimun Pad Swept Area I need on the disc, for lets say Ferodo DS2500 pads (Guess they´re all the same shape and dimensions).

I saw a thread talking exactly about that, http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=107902&page=1, pictures on Post #23 is exactly what I need to know, but there are no measurements of disc and bell.

Can someone give me a hand with this? I need to send all the measures of bell and rotor to have them made.
Thanks Thumbs up

Posted 6th Jan 2015 at 20:55
osm2121

Regular

Post #2
Nobody has a 310 bell/rotor in hand, to take some measures? I really dont have the time to put the car on a jack and start taking measures of everything, or a spare hub to do that.

Thanks
Posted 7th Jan 2015 at 13:30
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
If you can wait until Saturday I can take some measurements for you then?

Rallye Race Car
Posted 7th Jan 2015 at 14:25
osm2121

Regular

Post #4
Great mate!! That would be very helpfull Thumbs up
Posted 7th Jan 2015 at 15:18
osm2121

Regular

Post #5
Well, just in case somebody else has the measures or a bell & rotor in handy to take the measures, I`ll put the ones I need here too.

First of all, the total Height of the assembly. If it is over 34,5mm, cause thats the height of the 288 disc, and I want to move it near 10mm inside, so I need a total height of nearly 44mm.
The other measures are:

Thanks
Posted 13th Jan 2015 at 20:49