displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Removal of side trims?
Nose

Senior User

Post #1
Morn'in and happy new year to all Thumbs up Ok really want to get the Rallye moving this year, still have a fairly big list to deal with, some i can do or help with myself, some will be done properly LOL So, need to start thinking about getting the fooked up paint work corrected, obviously want to keep costs down if i can - none of us has a bottomless pit of cash (if you do though, please send a donationWhistle ) Question is before i attack them with a sledge hammer and a 3 foot chisel, how do the side trims, rub strips what ever they're known as come off Dunno Thanks in advance Thumbs up

Bianca 306 Rallye.
Mondeo Titanium X.
Posted 1st Jan 2015 at 10:59
Puggitt

Regular

Post #2
From memory, push backwards, carefully pry the rear of the trim up and off then slide the whole pice forward off the remaining clips.

Will double check tomorrow Thumbs up
Posted 3rd Jan 2015 at 10:56
Nose

Senior User

Post #3
Thanks Brent Thumbs up

Bianca 306 Rallye.
Mondeo Titanium X.
Posted 3rd Jan 2015 at 18:27
Puggitt

Regular

Post #4
Puggitt wrote:
From memory, push backwards, carefully pry the rear of the trim up and off then slide the whole pice forward off the remaining clips.

Will double check tomorrow Thumbs up

I was right first time, just be careful with the prying, don't damage the door or break the mounting on the trim just try pry backward and up. Once the rear of the tri is off shunt the whole thing forward Thumbs up
Posted 3rd Jan 2015 at 19:46