• Service history unknown
  • Cambelt changed: Unknown

Modifications: A few - see description

displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: 1997 Peugeot 306 Race / track car
teej

Cheeky Chav!

Post #1
306 GTi6 race car. Run over last two years in MSVR Trackday Trophy, with 100% finishing record from 6 races.

Pictures here - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-GTi6-race-car-trackday-possible-fast-road-/251736333994?ssPageName=ADME:L:EOISUA:GB:1123

I have not owned the car long, and have done no events with it. The car was advertised on here a few months ago. I bought it from ebay, and am keeping some of the spares from it. I also have a 306 Rallye that is being race-prepped for next year, and I've come to the realisation that I really need just one race car and a way of getting it around than two race cars and no recovery truck. I have more invested emotionally and financially in the Rallye, so this one has to go. So part-ex with a 3.5t flat bed is all I'm interested in except cash. I'm not looking to make a trading profit, just cover what I've spent, so I'm open to sensible offers near the asking price.

The car is ready to race or trackday as it is, and I believe it is eligible for a number of championships and series, for example MSVR Trackday Trophy, the various "Tintops" events, and Tricolore Trophy (for French cars). I have the V5, along with history from when it was a road car, and believe that the car could be made road-legal again. Having had a few trackday / road cars I took a look over it to see what would be required to MOT it, and have got everything needed; a handbrake and cables to re-fit, a cat, a horn (as this had been removed for weight-saving), number plates printed up. I haven't MOT'd it purely because my job doesn't allow me much time during office hours to sort these things out or get it to a garage to get it done.

Spec is as follows:

Gaz GHA adjustable all round suspension

Machined Front Hubs (Camber)

Solid rear beam mounts

21mm torsion bars

Powerflex Bushes throughout

Full geometry set up before last race

Engine remapped by a previous owner (more current BHP print out available from TDI)

K&N Air Filter

Lightened Flywheel

Vortex Race Exhaust

Cam Belt changed zero miles ago

OMP bolt in roll cage

Corbeau Forza Seat

Luke harness (in date until end 2017)

Lexan Rear Wind Screen, Perspex Side Windows

Lightweight Bonnet & Tailgate

Short Shift Gear Selector, turret type (reverse available through pull cable)

ABS removed

Lightened Dashboard

MSA compliant plumbed in extinguisher

Electrical cut-off switches

16" Team Dynamics wheels, with Toyo R888s (4 on car, plus 2 spares, all with life left)

Spare bonnet and doors, headlights, and a low mileage gearbox and engine (currently stripped).

Bad points - the car is not a show pony! It has been raced! The bonnet and roof are covered in black vinyl (peeling off old decals took paint off) and it would be generous to say I'd done a bad job. There are wrinkles and bubbles galore. Someone with more time and skill could redo it - I have the rest of the vinyl roll still.

The car is stored in a dry, lit garage, so viewings are possible at evenings or weekends. Any questions please ask.

"Talking about badgers is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" Steve McBadger

Transversa aurigatio transcurro arvae.
Posted 25th Jan 2015 at 11:28
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Stick some contact details up, its so busy on here your trying to sell to a limited amount of folk.

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 21:38
teej

Cheeky Chav!

Post #3
If anyone's keen they can PM me and we'll take it from there. If they aren't a member then either post here or contact me through the ebay listing.

"Talking about badgers is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" Steve McBadger

Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 22:45
teej

Cheeky Chav!

Post #4
Relisted on ebay, price down to 2195. Could make that back easy through breaking it, I reckon, I just don't have the time or space.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-GTi6-race-car-trackday-possible-fast-road-or-to-break-for-parts-/251774051101?

Posted 29th Dec 2014 at 21:52
teej

Cheeky Chav!

Post #5
Price reduced. I'm open to sensible offers. Happy to keep some / buy back parts if there's bits you've got already.

Posted 18th Jan 2015 at 10:59
teej

Cheeky Chav!

Post #6
Sold

Posted 25th Jan 2015 at 11:28