displaying posts 1 to 25 of 26

Pages (2): [1] 2

Author Subject: Just a wee rant/vent/confession
MisterGTR

Senior User

Post #1
Today i planned on fitting a HU i borrowed of a pal of mine to see if i should get one (Pioneer 80Prs)

So i set out to remove the stanard HU and then as i'm in the car the Ex starts texting about how this is the worst year or her life/s**ttiest Christmas. That she at least put some effort in. Etc And basically re-hashes every argument we've had and still have even though we're split up.

Now in hindsight i should have just ignored her and put the phone away and continued on working out how to do what i was doing. But...............

Instead i text her back and the battle ensued (she normally wins because like most women they have an amazing ability to recall everything in detail) and continued working on the car. Short version is the is that miss fekking super passing aggressive (honestly she's olympic standard) got me so p**sed off i broke my trim tools and facia off the standard Pug unit.

Not the end of the world i guess as i'm going to get a new HU but i feel kinda bad as it's sat there 16 years years doing it job perfectly well and did no harm to anyone. And i kinda liked the standard look. I even know the code for the unit as it was tyed and kept carefully by the previous owner in the glove box.

Even stupider now that the thing is in bits is that i still have some CD's in the changer in the boot.

The only upside is that the HU sounds brilliant. I'll need to play about a bit more tomorrow when i'm less harassed! Weird in that in my professional life, things like that bounce off me. But personally...........argggghhhh.

But lesson learned. I should not go anywhere near the 6 unless i give it my full attention and especially not when the Ex is texting me!

Need a beer or 10..............

Happy Boxing day!

Turned 40 and in true cliched fashion buying one of the cars of my teenage dreams!
Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 16:30
MisterGTR

Senior User

Post #2
http://lol60-69.diply.com/lolstuff/people-having-bad-days/71747

Turned 40 and in true cliched fashion buying one of the cars of my teenage dreams!
Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 17:13
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Working on cars or anything else after or during an argument with the woman is a huge mistake, ive f**ked all sorts up doing the same lol, the mind just goes elsewhere, I pulled a driveshshaft out the mondeo to swap it for a brand new faulty one i fitted a week before and the chuffing big thick springy circlip snapped off and dropped in the gearbox, I left it for 2 weeks that time before going back to it.

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 18:12
luke89

Regular

Post #4
I was just about to post my tale of woe mate so I'll put it in here to make you feel better.

Having decided to get the 6 up the drive and do some work on it I spent 20 minutes shifting all of my extended families cars around so that i could get it up the drive. Having finally jacked it up it decided to p**s it down and drench me through.I decided to plough on anyway and my gearbox oil change went fine, I then realized that the bonnet I drove 60 miles for and fitted on Christmas Eve actually looks to be sigma blue not China blue, that'll teach me for buying and fitting it in the dark. That put me in a foul mood but the car was up on stands so I carried on with an engine oil change, having removed the sump plug I let it drain before pulling the pan out from under the car then promptly fell fore head first into it, at this point I looked like an angry Lego man with jet black helmet hair. I wiped myself down and took the oil off to the tip and disposed of it. When I got back I spent half an hour trying to get the oil filter off but just took all the skin of the back of my hand instead. By this point I was drenched through and covered in oil from head to toe and decided to leave the rest of the job for tomorrow, before doing so I thought I'd at least put the sump plug back in...... Apart from I've let it in the oil and it's now looking gone at the tip.

I'm now inside seething, the car is still up on stands on the front along with my tools.... My uncle just came up to say I'm blocking him in..... So if anyone wants a free tool kit and 306 there's currently one sat on my driveway......
Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 18:05
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
LOL could be worse I thought u was going to say you stripped the sump threads fitting the plug back in, will peugeot be open tmmrw and whats chances of them stocking one maybe get down scrapyard?

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 18:08
luke89

Regular

Post #6
No idea what the odds are mate but the nearest dealers are a good half an hour away. I also found out that my exhaust is a s**tty euroflo, is fair to say I am not full of Christmas cheer.
Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 18:22
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Are you the chap that just bought one and found a receipt for £125 for it?

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 18:26
MisterGTR

Senior User

Post #8
Andy - i'm glad it's not just me!!

Luke - s**t, that's a tough day and half there. Sorry to read that. Hope you can get a sump plug sorted. I had my boiler pack in yesterday at around 1-2am and was freezing all day (me and my dad sitting having our dinner in beanies was as sight! with the cooker/oven on full blast trying to heat the house!) and just as i'd called out someone 4pm...the thing fired back into life.....so there's sometimes a bit of fortune in amongst the s**te!

But your car escapades sounds very familiar. Everything that could go wrong will usually go wrong with me, yet i remind myself I only doing simple stuff in comparision to some of the guys on here! (not demeaning your efforts)

And it's crap that you lost your sump plug doing the right thing and taking oil to the dump! Where the fek is Karma! No

Not worth much now - but one tip my dad showed me when i was 18 (long time ago) that i still remember is to stick a screwdriver through the oil filter and remove it that way.

But you're a better man than me for going out in the is weather. I only want to top up my gearbox oil and am putting it off because i know i'll rush it and fek it up (not sure how i could being such a simple job but there will be a way!)

BUT I just had a word with myself there (after actually having something to eat and drink - i'm terrible for working dehydrated/hungry which doesn't help my patience!) and told myself that i'm lucky to be here having these problems. I met a pal and her new baby right where that dump truck crashed, exactly 2 days earlier. And it's 10 years since the Tsunami today (i can't actually believe it's 10 years as it seems so recent), so these are merely trifling matters on the grand scheme of things.

Here's looking forward to some warmer weather and some daylight to work in.

Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 19:07
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
Screwdriver through filters good but make sure U do it low down the filter if u do it high up u can hit the threads and damage them.
Don't worry it's time of year for been tired, hungover and skint!

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 19:35
luke89

Regular

Post #10
Yer it puts it all into perspective mate. I'm usually a pretty competent mechanic I've done engine out jobs and clutch changes and the like but the some reason I'm not getting on with this 306. I've had idle issues, the height problem which is still unresolved, the bonnet and now this amongst other bits and bobs.

Ah well ey!
Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 19:46
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
Merry Christmas lol

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 19:56
MisterGTR

Senior User

Post #12
luke89 wrote:
Yer it puts it all into perspective mate. I'm usually a pretty competent mechanic I've done engine out jobs and clutch changes and the like but the some reason I'm not getting on with this 306. I've had idle issues, the height problem which is still unresolved, the bonnet and now this amongst other bits and bobs.

Ah well ey!

Spare a thought for me, who doesn't know his arse from his elbow LOL LOL

Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 20:00
luke89

Regular

Post #13
Oh I have no idea what I'm doing I'm just a have a go hero!
Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 20:14
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #14
Is her contact suddenly out of the blue? Sounds like she wants some fallace.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 21:38
    Lecktorious

aka G.

Post #15
    dangti6 wrote:
    Sounds like she wants some fallace.

LOL

'98 Nile Blue 306 GTi 6
    Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 21:40
    buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #16
    In that case be a haveagohero

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
    Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 21:42
    MisterGTR

Senior User

Post #17
    Unfortunately it's on going headaches. Nothing out of the blue.

Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 22:05
    adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
    Why not just ignore it?

Unless you are following Andy's advice..

Nothing to see here
    Posted 27th Dec 2014 at 17:18
    MisterGTR

Senior User

Post #19
    adam b wrote:
    Why not just ignore it?

Unless you are following Andy's advice..

I'm too nice. It's a bad thing.

Posted 27th Dec 2014 at 21:07
    RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #20
    Why are you still in contact if she's an ex? Kids?

If you're just "friends" then friends don't treat eachother like that, and you should either say as much and/or cut your losses.

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
    Posted 28th Dec 2014 at 07:40
    MisterGTR

Senior User

Post #21
    RetroPug wrote:

If you're just "friends" then friends don't treat eachother like that, and you should either say as much and/or cut your losses.

That's true.

No kids, but she is in my old flat (where I lived when I was born), so there has to be some contact. As she moved to Glasgow from Edi so I feel responsible to make sure she's alright.

Posted 28th Dec 2014 at 08:14
    RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #22
    MisterGTR wrote:
    RetroPug wrote:

That's true.

No kids, but she is in my old flat (where I lived when I was born), so there has to be some contact. As she moved to Glasgow from Edi so I feel responsible to make sure she's alright.

Ahh I see. Everything to do with people is always at least a little bit complicated. That's why I prefer cars. LOL

Posted 28th Dec 2014 at 09:23
    MisterGTR

Senior User

Post #23
    RetroPug wrote:
    MisterGTR wrote:
    RetroPug wrote:

That's true.

Ahh I see. Everything to do with people is always at least a little bit complicated. That's why I prefer cars. LOL

Wise beyond your years Smile

Posted 28th Dec 2014 at 09:26
    RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #24
    MisterGTR wrote:
    RetroPug wrote:
    MisterGTR wrote:
    RetroPug wrote:

That's true.

Wise beyond your years Smile

I was born a grumpy old git.
    I wonder if when I'm approaching retirement I might be more agreeable. LOL

Posted 28th Dec 2014 at 10:08
    orta

Senior User

Post #25
    I've been equally grumpy from the age of 18 and I'm 27 now so don't count on getting less grumpy...

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

||B8s||60-70mm drop||Black Partner Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Refurbed Beam||Hybrid ARB||VTS Torsion Bar||
    Posted 30th Dec 2014 at 10:54

Pages (2): [1] 2