displaying posts 26 to 37 of 37

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: The truth about decatting your exhaust
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
Nice setup mine is very similar bar adjustable top mounts which I'd love!
Posted 23rd Dec 2014 at 08:41
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
They just usually do. Don't know why but they do... 172 is PS not bhp if it makes any odds

I'm still running standard power but it's about 990kg with not too different suspension etc.
The eibachs are quite soft but it all works well for a road car, rear beam set about -20mm. I'm a lover of the standard rear steering so don't have fixed mounts. Otherwise I run -1.5 front camber (more castor too), xsara trailing arms, 21mm bars with hybrid arb & koni adj dampers, KW v2s on 285 springs. It's an ok budget b road to track setup. C5 wheels with AD08R although might swap to some td pro race 3 for better brake cooling.

Nothing to see here
Posted 24th Dec 2014 at 00:41
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
Decats are a waste of time and money on std engined cars imo ? You always think a mod makes the car faster or better as you went to all the effort to do it ? In reality it made no difference or actually made less power or the car slower !

A £100 decat will not gain anything accept a p**sed off mot tester ! Oh and it ruins middle boxes for some reason ? Well it used to with the old type scorpion middle box
Posted 24th Dec 2014 at 01:16
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #29
they are lighter...

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 24th Dec 2014 at 05:39
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
At the time I couldn't find a decent original.

Nothing to see here
Posted 24th Dec 2014 at 15:31
MisterGTR

Senior User

Post #31
Mossy1985 wrote:
adam b wrote:
You are wasting your time and money. Map won't make any more power without cams, stick with the standard manifold as again won't help you.

Improve handling and brakes. Make it lighter. Amen. Or charge / itb it if you think it's worth spending that much cash on.

Should annihilate a 172 tbh

I've bought a brand new full b8 set up, a referb jord axle with 21mm torsion bars, baker b m rear beam mounts and baker b m adjustable top mounts, phase 1 xsara vts steering rack and some c5 steelie so I think I'm about there on the suspension/handling set up bar an lsd as I wanted a car that would handle before I looked at increasing power big time

Sorry for OT - Where did you buy the B8 set up? And how much? I'm doing something very similar to you (hopefully)

Turned 40 and in true cliched fashion buying one of the cars of my teenage dreams!
Posted 24th Dec 2014 at 17:03
Mossy1985

Senior User

Post #32
Mister I bought both the b8 set up and axle from walker texts ranger (john) on here. What are you looking at buying? Exactly same as me?

Dave
Posted 24th Dec 2014 at 17:26
midlife

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
When fitted a decat it knocked 0.3 of a second off my standing quarter mile time with no other changes.

Cool

Get used to seeing the yellow one !!!MehMehMehMehMeh
Team 330™Cool
Team "no front end or engine"
Team "LIMITED EDITION" I live for the 306 stickerSmug
Team 0-60 in 6.44 & standing qtr in 14.808 @ 94.55mph all with std engineSmug
203bhp Corolla T-Sport daily driver stealthier than Kwai Chang Caine
Posted 24th Dec 2014 at 17:28
Mossy1985

Senior User

Post #34
Cheers for that midlife good info
Posted 24th Dec 2014 at 17:46
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
MisterGTR wrote:
Mossy1985 wrote:
adam b wrote:
You are wasting your time and money. Map won't make any more power without cams, stick with the standard manifold as again won't help you.

Improve handling and brakes. Make it lighter. Amen. Or charge / itb it if you think it's worth spending that much cash on.

Should annihilate a 172 tbh

I've bought a brand new full b8 set up, a referb jord axle with 21mm torsion bars, baker b m rear beam mounts and baker b m adjustable top mounts, phase 1 xsara vts steering rack and some c5 steelie so I think I'm about there on the suspension/handling set up bar an lsd as I wanted a car that would handle before I looked at increasing power big time

Sorry for OT - Where did you buy the B8 set up? And how much? I'm doing something very similar to you (hopefully)

Speak to miles at pugracing. Although I could probably sort it for you tbh, we are a bilstein dealer

Nothing to see here
Posted 24th Dec 2014 at 20:51
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #36
adam b wrote:
They just usually do. Don't know why but they do... 172 is PS not bhp if it makes any odds

I'm still running standard power but it's about 990kg with not too different suspension etc.
The eibachs are quite soft but it all works well for a road car, rear beam set about -20mm. I'm a lover of the standard rear steering so don't have fixed mounts. Otherwise I run -1.5 front camber (more castor too), xsara trailing arms, 21mm bars with hybrid arb & koni adj dampers, KW v2s on 285 springs. It's an ok budget b road to track setup. C5 wheels with AD08R although might swap to some td pro race 3 for better brake cooling.

Well I'll take a positive in that mine sits absolutely side by side with a good mates healthy 172 :-) (phase 2 Non cup)
Posted 25th Dec 2014 at 22:44
Joep

Regular

Post #37
BUMP!

Fitted a Piper decat on my phase 1 XSI with RFS engine fitted. It goes much more rapid through higher revs. No apparent difference at lower revs. Not much difference in sound, though. But maybe that is because the centre box is still fitted.

In the process of fitting a decat to the S16 as well. Wondering if it will pull through the higher revs quicker as well. The S16 does not have a centre box...

By the way: the difference between cat and decat on CO: 0.01 Found this out when my XSI got its Dutch MOT.

I can imagine some decatted GTI's and Rallyes pass MOT.

My car park:
'96 Sigma Blue XSi6
'98 Diablo Red GTi6
'99 Onyx Black S16

All RFS powered!

Plus various other Peugeots
Posted 28th Apr 2019 at 21:01

Pages (2): 1 [2]