displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Side mount to frame bolts ?
steve h gti-6

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Hi guys and girls,

I have some Cobra Imola's with Cobra side mounts and OMP base frames. My question is what type of nuts and bolts should I be using to safely secure the side mounts to the OMP base frame ? DT just seem to list the sidemount fixing bolts.

I was going to use the OE bolts off my old seats to mount through the frame to the body in the OE bolt points, will that be ok or better to use newer bolts ?

Many thanks

"Gotta Love The 6"

According to my wife i think the 6 is the fastest car in the world, perhaps she is right LoL !
Posted 28th Nov 2014 at 22:05
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Standard bolts will do the job as they are 8.8 grade but if you want new bolts any 8.8 bolts will do
Posted 28th Nov 2014 at 22:58
steve h gti-6

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Cool beans I'll look out for them, what does 8.8 mean - high tensile strength? Sorry if thats a stupid question ?

"Gotta Love The 6"

According to my wife i think the 6 is the fastest car in the world, perhaps she is right LoL !
Posted 28th Nov 2014 at 23:04
jon boy

Regular

Post #4
'For an 8.8 grade bolt the first figure signifies that the Tensile Strength is at least 800MPa. The second figure signifies that the fastener will begin to yield (go beyond its elastic limit and not return to its original state) at 80% of the Ultimate Tensile Strength, i.e. at least 640MPa', think that's correct.
Posted 28th Nov 2014 at 23:33
steve h gti-6

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Cool thanks guys

"Gotta Love The 6"

Posted 29th Nov 2014 at 18:35