displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Steam Train
RallyeP6

Regular

Post #1
Been noticing the condensation coming from my exhaust recently, thinking that it was just the cold weather, but this evening it was looking more like a steam engine. Car has been stood for a couple of months while i took my time fitting the throttle bodies and making up the loom.
Car runs fine, just needs mapping to run properly. No oil/water mayo gunk on the radiator cap and the car doesn't over heat. But i do hear water swishing around the heater matrix when the engine is first started.
I did bleed the system a couple of times thinking there was air in the system and that's why it was making that sound.
Never had a car that had a head gasket failure before, could it just fail drastically from one day to the next, or am i barking up the wrong tree.
Its a 2000, phase 3 with 97,000 miles, clean coolant, although i have not replaced it in the year that i have owned the car.
Posted 26th Nov 2014 at 19:21
Mossy1985

Senior User

Post #2
I've been thinking the same about my car too mate, same age and mileage as yours lol again coolant fine, no mayo, no overheating, no excessive fuel usage, so I'm putting it down to the cold

Dave
Posted 26th Nov 2014 at 20:03
RallyeP6

Regular

Post #3
I hope so too, after all that i have done, i want to enjoy the car again. Plus i could do without the big bills at the moment.
Posted 26th Nov 2014 at 20:39