displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Removing wiring advice
paulgt

Post #1
Currently stripping out the GTI and have come across this lot of wiring under the front seats,assuming its for some sort of seatbelt/airbag system? Iv also found some control box type things that say do not remove, so how do I go about removing them?! Are they likely to go off? The car has been stood for a month with no battery so all charge should be drained from the airbags

This lot I found after taking out the interior light panel, can this all be removed?

I also want to get rid of all the factory security equipment, central locking, immobiliser etc, where all these bits located?
Iv been reading about unlocking the ecu, is this all thats needed to be done?
Just want to unlock it with key in the door .

Im a bit worried about starting to remove stuff and the car not starting!

Any help appreciated Thumbs up

306 GTI 6 Track Car in the making....
Evo 5 GSR 360bhp....for now
Posted 22nd Nov 2014 at 18:53
Puggitt

Regular

Post #2
How stripped do you want? I went all out on mine and the only wires from the dash back are fuel pump and tail lights, which are the two looms that plug in under the blower unit with red and brown plugs. But if you want your wipers to work without having to re wire them, leave the rain sensor wires in, other wise I could write out my electrical plans for getting the wipers to go again. As for all the wires under the passenger seat, they are all central locking/windows/mirror related, basically all the electrics to the door IIRC. The do not remove box, is it the air bag control unit, orange wires and plugs or the plastic grey central locking module?
Posted 22nd Nov 2014 at 20:19
Puggitt

Regular

Post #3
As for factory immobiliser, there is the black collar around the ignition barrel, and the control located on the square panel on the bottom of the dash in front of the gear shift.

Soft unlock, which is all I needed to by pass the immobiliser, turn your key to on, (don't start the car obviously) and unplug the ecu, turn every thing off, then remove the immobiliser components I mentioned above, plug the ecu back in, and by passed. Could also take the tumblers out of the ignition barrel like me and start your car with a screw driver, or a flat washer Wink

Central locking control is screwed under the piece of sheet metal that the rear seats and seat belts bolt through, the locking mech are the latches for the door so you kinda need to leave them, and the little black linear motor in the boot is a bit hard to see but it's in the cavity under the wiper motor.

You would be amazed at how much unplugs and you can throw away, just unplug check all you want to work works, before you cut anything.
Posted 22nd Nov 2014 at 20:46
paulgt

Post #4
I'm wanting to keep electric windows and mirrors for now.
The "do not remove" boxes are bolted to the sill, on the outer side of each front seat, orange plug goes into it. Can I just cut the wires to these boxes and then just unbolt them?
Where's the rain sensor? Is that the unit that's stuck to the windscreen behind the rear view mirror?
Also in the first picture I posted, the grey unit that has the map lights in, there was a black plastic dome looking thing (it's the bit that's missing in the grey unit in my pic) and when I removed it there's like a circuit board behind it, what's this do?
Sorry for all the questions but I'm used to jap cars which have naff all wiring in them!
Is there a guide somewhere with wiring diagrams for these cars? I thought about getting a Haynes manual but they say it doesn't cover the gti6, but is the wiring the same across the entire 306 range?

306 GTI 6 Track Car in the making....
Evo 5 GSR 360bhp....for now
Posted 23rd Nov 2014 at 09:55
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #5
no need to cut wires, just unplug them and pull the looms out.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 23rd Nov 2014 at 12:56
Puggitt

Regular

Post #6
May have to cut the occasional earth though.
Posted 23rd Nov 2014 at 16:38