displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Air intake
Mossy1985

Senior User

Post #1
Well when I bought the 6 it had some sort of cone filter going directly onto the inlet manifold. It had seen better days and also the fact the top radiator hose ran directly over the top of it and was resting against it I decided it had to go. So I sourced a standard air box assembly (thanks pug_306) and also a standard genuine filter (thanks walkertexasranger). I have fitted the assembly to the car and it may just be me? But it really feels a lot different on the power. It feels like there is a bit more low end grunt and actually feels smoother? Maybe it's all in my head but I'm happy with it anyway Smile
Posted 20th Nov 2014 at 19:51
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #2
There will be a better performance with the standard setup over a cone filter direct on the manifold as you will have less heat soak. Yes

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 20th Nov 2014 at 22:44
Mossy1985

Senior User

Post #3
Yea that was thinking and main reason for going back to standard. Plus you see on a lot of forums (not just this one) that a lot if your cheap induction kits lose power just like exhausts unless they have had a lot of funds ploughed into their R And D process
Posted 21st Nov 2014 at 06:08