displaying posts 1 to 14 of 14

Author Subject: Anybody work for Tarox Brakes ???
steve h gti-6

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
As the title suggests, im after a new set of 310mm Rotors Pt No KRD0204

Anybody helpThumbs up

"Gotta Love The 6"

According to my wife i think the 6 is the fastest car in the world, perhaps she is right LoL !
Posted 20th Nov 2014 at 06:48
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Demon tweeks sorted me out with 302mm discs, took the best part of a month to arrive (their delivery quota is 24 days from order) -they're also pretty active on Facebook
Posted 21st Nov 2014 at 15:40
steve h gti-6

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Tried DT and they were the same price, my kit Rotors needed are KRD0204 310mm. They have to be made so i think unless somebody has a trade discount with them im going to have to pay the £490 all in dohhhhhh

"Gotta Love The 6"

According to my wife i think the 6 is the fastest car in the world, perhaps she is right LoL !
Posted 21st Nov 2014 at 20:52
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
revolution are tarox dealers in newcastle

Posted 23rd Nov 2014 at 17:32
7057sam

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Wouldn't go for tarox s ones Steve I did have they uk number and they's prices where twice as much as reylands 310 rotors.

Rallye build: 11 November 1998 - a Wednesday
Team rallye,built for track
----Click this if you like rallyes

Rallye dead Sad
Secret Team Astor...
Posted 25th Nov 2014 at 23:44
steve h gti-6

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Fair enough Sam I agree price wise but you get what you pay for i think. The rotors have been on the car for nearly 10 years as the kit was the first thing I bought when I got the 6 in 2005 at a cost of 1225 IIRC. In that time doing normal driving of 60'000 miles and about 12 track/ airfield days the rotors were 26mm and are now at 23mm and only been through 4 sets of pads. The kit is fantastic and hasn't needed a rebuild, nothing has failed or corroded and to top it all off no matter how hard I've stamped on the brakes either road or importantly track from countless times hitting 100-120 down to 30(on track not road) odd they have always performed and not once ßqueeked and not warped either. For the sake of an £130 extra over buying equivalent rotors I'm going to buy the F2000 Spiral rotors again alongside the pads. False economy buying cheaper discs, the guy I spoke to said it can take up to 3 weeks as they are hand made/machined in Italy and are being made just for me . . . i feel so special lol !Love

"Gotta Love The 6"

Posted 26th Nov 2014 at 17:30
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #7
speak to godspeed brakes, im sure they can sort you out.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 26th Nov 2014 at 17:27
steve h gti-6

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Hello Me I, long time fella.

I hear what your all saying but I've already decided as above to buy aga8n as the kit has never let me down, I know it works and its a straight swap over and will deliver again and again for at least the next 5 or so years. Its just nice to be in the position to buy the same quality part again instead of sacrificing for lesser non stringent tested rotors. The testing process Tarox carries out is pretty phanominal and all the extra heat treatments given to the rotors at each stage of machining is impressive too. I even get my own certificate by the person who made them for me. Don't think you get that much of attention anywhere else ? ? ?

"Gotta Love The 6"

Posted 26th Nov 2014 at 17:41
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #9
im sure ben and ian could make you a certificate if you wanted LOL

ian runs a wrc subaru rally car and an ex clio cup racer converted to a rally car, his son ben has a 1600 sandy brown engine in a 205 rallye with a sadev box

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 26th Nov 2014 at 17:38
steve h gti-6

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
If he could cert them for me and swear they were machined on virgins thighs instead of knowing my luck a hot sweaty Italian bloke . . . . I'll buy there instead lol

"Gotta Love The 6"

Posted 26th Nov 2014 at 17:46
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #11
worth speaking to them then

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 26th Nov 2014 at 17:58
steve h gti-6

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
Like a few company's I've spoken to they are all cheaper by between £100-£150 but want the actual rotor and bell for about 3 weeks plus all the engineering fees incorporated for setting up and machining etc, then p&p getting it all there plus p&p getting it all back too. Just build up and up the costs. I'll stick to Tarox fella, if cost was the deciding factor then obviously to save a few quid I'd go elsewhere.

"Gotta Love The 6"

Posted 26th Nov 2014 at 18:09
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
Is this for the RenaultSport 310mm kit? I need a new set of rotors for the race car soon, not sure where to get them from! Hi Spec seem the most popular choice but some people have had bad dealings with them.

Rallye Race Car
Posted 26th Nov 2014 at 18:37
steve h gti-6

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
The way the Italian guy I was speaking to said yes its similar to that one. I've also heard bad things about HiSpec, only a few though mainly down to just not giving good customer service, missing deadlines and I've come across some manufacturing problems, cracking discs etc. That was quite a while ago and don't know what they are like now ?.

"Gotta Love The 6"

Posted 26th Nov 2014 at 18:45