displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: Front spring product confusion.
luke89

Regular

Post #1
Hi folks,

My new GTI6 came with the front left spring changed to a KYB oem height replacement just fitted but the original drivers side spring still on the car due to the nearside spring snapping a couple of weeks prior to collection.

I was informed by the seller that the spring fitted is a KYB and so went online and bought a matching KYB spring to fit on the drivers side so that the handling wasn't compromised.

However having just checked the part numbers on the springs, the one on the car is a KYB RA1548 and my new replacement(despite being labelled for a 306 gti 6) has the code RA1764 on it. Did the spring rates change at some point throughout the phases? I don't want to fit this spring if its a different rate as it would completely defeat the object.

Cheers.
Posted 18th Oct 2014 at 00:08
luke89

Regular

Post #2
Ok so with some further research it seems the spring on the car is from a 1.6 model and the 1764 number is probably the correct spring,so another one of those should sort me out?Unless someone can reccommend a good OEM height replacement for me to buy a pair of.
Posted 18th Oct 2014 at 00:13