displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Exhaust banging
DanRM

Regular

Post #1
Might sound a daft question but how do you get the exhaust to sit right? I've connected up my exhaust after doing a snapped cambelt and I cant get it to stop banging against the bulkhead/subframe/tunnel area. Only thing I've changed is the the gasket and and springs/bolts. All the rubber mounts are intact as they were replaced shortly before the mot and according to the receipts they are genuine Peugeot. It's driving me mad as I change gear, reverse and go round certain bends, is there a nack to getting it right. Oh and all shields are fitted correctly and secure and the cat is genuine and pattern part mid section

Cheers
Posted 27th Sep 2014 at 20:36
jeffers Forum Admin

Post #2
Check ur top engine mount and the cradle it sits in..... I suspect the cradle may of split.....

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 28th Sep 2014 at 09:52
DanRM

Regular

Post #3
I checked the top mount condition whilst doing the belt, the mount itself I replaced with a new one and I checked the cradle and it was fine. Looking under the car the side of the cat is pressed against the edge of the tunnel heat shield and I cant work out how to pull it back. The centre section is a bosal, if I slacken the cat-centre joint it moves down and slightly away by about 5mm, but as soon as I tighten it back up with the mounts adjusted it pulls back to the heat shield.

Thanks
Posted 28th Sep 2014 at 11:08
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
I had this problem when doing stuff under the car on axle stands, and I could not get it to sit right. Much easier to do on a hoist, in the end I caved in and got the garage to do it while I had it in there getting something else done.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 28th Sep 2014 at 11:39
DanRM

Regular

Post #5
Yeah, I've given in and booking it in with the garage tomorrow. Took it to bits last night and got it so there was no banging, however it then started blowing bad, so put some paste on the joints again and now its back to banging Sad So going to have the midsection replaced at the same time as seen better days
Posted 30th Sep 2014 at 21:43